Problems with module class suffix

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:10 pm
Main problem is I dont really understand how module class suffix modify the module but my problem is...

In the module Admissions I wanted to make some changes:
1. title change to Bookings
2. change the titles of the various submenu items.

I made sure I edited in code only but when I saved the layout of the module stayed ok but icons disappeared.

I loaded a new copy of the site and when I edited this it also disappeared.

On my main site I use JCE editor but the copy site (which also changed) was still TinyMCE.

What have I done wrong?

I cannot show you the site as it is currently only localhost.

thanks

Martin
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:28 am
Hi

I'm guessing in both cases Your editor is configured to remove unknown code and icons are html5 which is often not recognised and removed. I advice to disable using editor in user settings or install editor You are sure will not remove this.

GK User
Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:15 am
Yes, that solved it.
I use JCE editor and it has an option to turn off HTML checking. After that it all works fine.

By the way is there a detailed documentation for New GK5, I am having trouble customising the University template (which is great by the way!). I have read the small amount of documentation on the site but this doesnt help. My problem is playing with the settings to get all of my news articles to show. It shows 3 but not all 4.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:38 pm
Hi

Unfortunately there is just this one article. Please send me an access to your site and tell me the ID of the module so I'll see what need to be changed to show all articles.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.