ewe Show Pro GK5 and parallax

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:56 pm
Im using the module News Show Pro GK5 ver with your template but am having problems trying to find how to insert an image in the background . with the parallax

I can do it in a html module not a problem but having problems using News Show Pro You have been probably been asked this a thousand time so i feel stupid i can find it

can you help many thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 pm
Hi

Sorry, but I do not understand. Can You please show me some examples of what You have in mind ?

GK User
Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:37 pm
Hi
On the University template http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/university/
You will find a module called news there are three pictures and there is a picture in the background of a lecture theatre

What i am trying to do is insert a picture where the parallax picture should be in the News show pro module

I understand you can get a custom html module and insert a picture that way but was wondering does the module i.e. NEWS SHOW PRO give you the facility to upload the background picture within it

I hope that makes sense
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:20 pm
Hi

I'm afraid not. Paralax image is inserte throught css code

Code: Select all
.box.parallax {
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-image: url("/joomla25/university/templates/gk_university/images/parallax_bg.jpg");
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    color: #aeaeae;
    margin: -60px 0 !important;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 150px 0 !important;
}

the oly thing which needs to be set in module is a "paralax" module class suffix.

GK User
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:43 pm
Thank you i think i foot a work around

by adding a parallax custom html then adding a {load position module) then inserted it in there

Thank you anyway
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:22 pm
Hi

Ok. I'm glad it' working :)

GK User
Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:29 am
Hello
I've tried to change the parallax background picture (keeping the exact same pic name just changing the picture).
But seemingly it's not working as mysteriously so the old background is still there although being deleted/changed in the media manager box !!!
How could you help me with that issue ?
Thanks in advance !
Gilles
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:36 pm
Hi

Is the image replaced right now ? Please tell me the url to Your site, so I'll check what is wrong.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.