Problems with cart

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 am
I have been trying to set up the cart module for hikashop as per the configuration details. I cannot find the same module as shown on the details so I have used the Hikashop cart module which does not have the same settings. I have placed the cart module in the cart position however it does nothing and is not like your demo at all. Something is wrong but I am not sure how to fix it.
The configuration instructions show the virtuemart module now the storefront.

Secondly I have also been trying to set up module no 23 in your instructions with topnav position - I cannot find any position for top nav .
hope you can help?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:33 am
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:15 am
I have sent you those access details.
When you are looking at the site I can not locate the position for the main menu - the module positions on the configuration show a main menu position however it is not in the positions when I try to find it on setting up the module. I cannot set up the menu without it.
I also have a problem with the header image gkimageshow in the storefront template taking a very long time to load. (I had been using two templates for the site - the other template gk startup on this site which I am changing to just the storefront template) On the startup template gkimage show in the header I had no trouble loading the image and it is actually exactly the same image set for both.
If i can get this and the cart sorted I think I will be right.
Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:14 pm
Hi

There is no position for main menu. What You see positions list is position prepared for modules shown in submenus. If You want to attach a different menu to any other page please simply make a copy of the template style, attach it to pages You need and set a different style there.

What page is the header loading slowly ? I can see it on couple of pages, but there is no problem for me.

I could not check the cart issue. Please send me an access to ftp so I'll make some dumps and learn something more about this.

GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:27 pm
I would really appreciate you looking at the private messages I sent you with my details and comments. My work has come pretty much to a standstill until it is worked out.
Thanks
Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:28 pm
Hi

First thing. I think What You are asking for is to set a different main menu for some pages. Am I right ?

Module positions scheme is showing module positions, but main some of them are having different colors, which means they are a special elements. So there is no module position for main menu. Anyway You can still have a different menu for some of the pages.

This is what You need to do:
- go to templates list and make a copy of Your default template
- enter this template's style copy and select a different main menu there
- now You just need to attach this template style to different pages

Secondly slow loading slider:
I've checked and in the matter of fact slider is loaded pretty fast, but preloader is removed only when site is fully loaded and looking at the list of elements to load twitter form the button plugin needs more time and slows appearing of the slider.

As a last I can see that You have already manage to fix the cart on Your own.

GK User
Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:50 am
Yes I did manage to fix the cart myself - I sent you a PM with the access details and explained that. It was interesting I had been using two templates and once I changed to just using storefront template the cart corrected itself - so there must have been some kind of conflict with the other template (startup) but that is all good now.
1. As for the main menu I have sorted it out now , I have changed the colours. I am quite happy with the menu now.

2. I did send information though in a PM about an issue with the menu not showing on mobile devices. It looks like there is no menu at all but it is actually there - if you press on the right hand side above the menu and beneath the cart the menu drops down. So if you know a way to make it visible that would be great.

3. As for the slider I am not quite sure what you mean is there no way to quicken up the loading of the header image. I used the same image on the other template with the GK5slide show and it was faster - maybe I should do without that and just use the image in a Custom HTMLmodule as I do not actually want sliding anyway.

4. I am starting to set up the categories and products and on the page for categories http://goo.gl/ZcnGQ4 lower down it says "This listing style is currently not supported." I have searched on this site and on google with no luck. I have set up as per the configurations for Hikashop and Storefront. Any thoughts?

5. I have made the module for the login and placed it in the login position - it is not appearing I am not sure what I have done wrong. If I use the mainmenu and place a login there - the cart just sits there loading - so I am trying to get the popup login working.
Thanks again for your time - hopefully we can get these issues resolved and some of the information here can help others.
Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:32 am
Hi

1. Yes storefront needs to be a default template since it's using a hidden module position to display hikashop cart and than takes it's informations to pick up what You can see in mini cart. Unfortunately without being a default template this position does not exists.

2. It's still there, just white lines on white background. As orginal it should be displayed on a black header which is removed now. Add this to override.css:

Code: Select all
#gkMobileMenu {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #444;
    border-radius: 3px;
}

#gkMobileMenu i {
    right: 19px;
}

3. It all depends how many extra features Your template is using. As I said Image Show is ready pretty fast after opening the page , but the spinning circle is waiting for whole website to be loaded in 100% than it dissipaters. In this case the element Image Show is waiting for is Twitter plugin to make connection with twitter website. I advice to ignore it for now and when You will finish try using jotCache component and see how speed look like than.

4. Sorry, but I do not know what is it. You will need to ask Hikashop support for that.

5. You are missing a class in login popup item. Please go to menu manager and edit this item than in setting Additional Class add this "gkLogin"

GK User
Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:50 am
Thank you the problem with the menu on mobile devices is fixed - I knew it was there just could not find where the colours were to change it.

I only have problems with the login now still no popup & still problems with the cart and login -
. I have tried gkLogin in the menu manager - main menu - I have tried it at "Link CSS Style" and "Page class" and have also tried it in the login module. I tried with each one - gkLogin; _gkLogin; and "gkLogin". Nothing worked. Also as I mentioned previously when the login is clicked or active - the cart just gets locked in loading and stays there. I think maybe I did not understand exactly what you wanted me to do.

As for the header I will probably do as you suggest and wait and set everything up, or seeing as I only want one image for the header maybe I should just place the image in the header without the image show? Will it still be responsive if I do that ?

For your reference again the site is http://goo.gl/Q1lple

Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:13 am
Hi

There is no Extra Menu Parameters plugin installed. It was delivered in rest_files package. Please install it and You will see new tab in menu item manager and in this new tab a place for this class. Fixing this will probably fix the cart as well.

GK User
Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:28 am
I assume you mean the gkextmenu plugin in the rest files it is there in the files as are all of the plugins in the rest folder. So it wont let me install it. When I try to install I get JLIB_INSTALLER_ABORT_PLG_INSTALL_DIRECTORY.
Unless it is in the wrong folder the path is : -public_html/plugins/system/gkextmenu.
All the plugin files in the rest_files are installed there. However when I go to extensions - plugin manager the only one I can find is GKContact.
Dont know where to go from here?
If you want to see all the files yourself the access details I sent via PM have not been changed yet.
Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:13 pm
Hi

I've just tried to install this plugin, but there is Akeeba doing a backup and nothing gets installed. I've checked and there were no problems on my copy. I need You to disable Akeeba and try to install it than.

GK User
Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:20 pm
I disabled the system restore points in akeeba and installed and got this message. Plugin Install: Another plugin is already using directory: /home/bspot394/public_html/plugins/system/gkextmenu

I think I said above I can see gkextmenu in the website files and the files inside look right as well.
Should I delete the gkextmenu and re-install.
If you want to try yourself I have left akeeba restore points disabled.
Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:56 am
OK I have had some success I got the popup working- however there is code under it that should not be there.
If you go to http://goo.gl/Q1lple and click on login you will see what I am talking about.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:22 am
The problem seemed to be caused by mod_gkregister. When I disabled the module the problem was solved, so it had been set to "login" position and enabled - did I have some settings wrong - its not in the configuration for storefront page. Or maybe it is not supposed to be used with Storefront.

Does the facebook registration work without gkregistration?
Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:28 pm
Hi

I've tried to add "gkLogin" and looks like popup is working with login module, but You have 2 different registration systems, so I've removed the suffix not to break the link You had there before. Login with facebook should be visible in a joomla user login page. You just need to enable and configure that in template settings and in facebook authentication plugin.

GK User
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Facebook is now enabled.
When I click add to cart button the popup seems to take a long time to open and then not give enough time to click on as to whether I want to proceed to checkout or continue shopping. I am not sure if I have set something wrong there?
The GKimage show in the header still seems to take a long time to load, even though the social icons and facebook are done.
I am also having trouble with the address popup in the checkout not taking information but that is another post that I am hoping someone will help me with. -https://www.gavick.com/forums/storefront-joomla3/popup-address-wont-take-information-41418.html
I am almost finished just these couple of things to tidy up.
Thanks
Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 am
Hi

Thanks for the url to Your other thread. Will answer there next. It was marked "solved" by automated system because of the posts added, so it was not in moderator tool at all.

The time of the popup after add to cart was hit should be configurable in settings. I think there were an option to keep it untill click, but I do not know exactly You need to check in hikashop documentation.

Time of loading is pretty great now. There is still 1.3Mb of javascript being loaded but You should be able to use some jaascript compression to minimalize it. Maybe remove unused extentions as well.

GK User
Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:06 am
Hello teitbite
I am also having the same problem as redsuzie stated on Nov 13 2014 item #4, and I don’t think it is a HikaShop problem. The error I am getting is ‘This listing style is currently not supported’.
I am using HikaShop Essentail and Storefront, I have built my menu to link to product categories.
For the menu item / Hika Shop options…
In the ‘Parameters for DIV’ panel when I select gk_storefront ‘slider_vertical’ for the type of item layout I get the “This listing style is currently not supported” error. If I select HikaShop’s ‘item and title’ for the product category menu item I don’t get the error, but the image file is from another folder and the resolution of the thumbnail is poor.
For the product detail page, when selecting gk_storefront slider_vertical, I don’t’ get the error about the listing style not supported, and the resolution on the thumbprint and the zoom is very good. I would like to use the vertical slider and zoom on the menu item / product category page.
This is the first time I have purchased a template, I usually customize the default Joomla installation templates. Hope you or someone at Gavick can help me out.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:21 pm
Not sure if my first post made sense, so this may clarify or simplify what the problem is....Also not sure if this is the correct topic to put my post in, if not please suggest where I should post.

Product detail page = product image, I use gk_storefront slider_vertical = everything is great
Product category page = product image I use gk_storefront slider_vertical = error message, listing style not supported
Product category page = product image I use HikaShop title and image = poor resolution of images

See previous post for more info or email me.
hoping someone can help.
Cheers
Marianne
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:11 pm
Hi

Can You post some urls to examples of this 3 cases ? I'm not sure what You mean by "slider_vertical". I'm hoping when I see what You have in mind I may be able to help.

GK User
Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:48 pm
Hello Thank you for your reply regarding the images, I was able to fix it by resizing all the images to 321x258.

The "Proceed to Cart" button is now missing. I am using Hika Shop and have posted and received a response from the forum at Hika Shop, their response was that I should contact the template provider.

I am using Storefront, Gavern v3.17

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.bestsquashracquets.com
-- HikaShop version -- : starter 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.42
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : mozilla 39.0

The mini shopping cart shows the order but does not have a "proceed to checkout" link so the customer is stuck. The mini shopping cart is in the top right corner. You will be able to select a product but you will not see the problem because this is a live site so until the problem is fixed the "Add to cart" button links directly to the checkout page.

The HikaShop cart is enabled and published for all pages, the position is cart and the hika shop options for the module are all set to Yes/ Green. I may have caused the problem because I was deleting VirtueMart modules, etc and may have deleted something in error to cause this problem. I am hoping you can identify the problem and provide a link to the file that was deleted, so I do not have to reinstall the template and redo all my work.
Thanks,
M
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:21 pm
Hi

I've checked the code, but looks like cart module is build entirely with hikashop functions, there is no override to that. Please send me an access to ftp. I need to make some tests why it's not there.

teitbite
Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:12 pm
Hi

I had to send Your access to our programmers, cannot see where this button should be added. Will let You know when they will answer.

teitbite
Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:28 pm
Hi

Ok. There were no problem here :) Just an option to use a minicart has to be deactivated. Minicart in hikashop shows only the mot important informations without a link to checkout.

GK User
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:34 pm
Thank you very much for your assistance, with your help my site has been working since last Tuesday, August 18th when you last posted. TU! TU! TU! I have delayed replying because I am not sure why this worked. The problem I had was that the Proceed to Checkout button was gone from the Mini Cart. It is now fixed and working. For others that may have this problem this is what I did. I disabled/unpublished the Minicart. Obviously, as a result there was no way to complete an order, so I enabled/ published the Minicart and the Proceed to Checkout button was available, and everything starting working properly.

Possibly Teitbite or someone at Gavick can further explain, why this worked for others that may be viewing this thread. In particular what did you mean, by your statement: "Minicart in hikashop shows only the most important information without a link to checkout"?

Thank you so much for your help.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:41 pm
Hi

Basically cart has two versions. A short one with only most important stuff and full with all the details. You can select that in cart module. Applying to our template, cart is showing proceed button if full cart version is used.

GK User
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:07 pm
i have the latest version of storefront VERSION:3.22.1 but the cart module is always loading. it has stucked. What should i do?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 am
Hi

Tell me the url to a page with an example of this problem.

GK User
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 pm
Thanx a lot for your response. I fix it myself
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:40 pm
Hi

Ok. Great to hear that. Closing this thread than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.