Unable to get header icons to stick

Well-designed restaurant Joomla template with parallax effect.
GK User
Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 pm
I have set up the Steakhouse template and I am unable to set the icons above each of the menu
options. The code is supposed to be:

Code: Select all
<li data-scroll-reveal="enter bottom over .5s after .25s"><a href="#menu"><i class="gk-icon-dinner-set-solid"></i> <span>Menu</span></a></li>

But when you save it in Joomla (using your quickstart zip file), it removes the <i> tag entirely, and
that means no icons above the text. It also removes the <span> too. Is there a way to resolve this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:53 pm
Please disable tinyMCE editor in global configuration (change editor to "editor - none").
You might also find some help in this article:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... d-editors/

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:16 pm
Is there an alternative to Tiny that I can use for WYSIWYG? I hate to have to have no editor for all the other content I update.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:29 pm
Another question, where are the icons for this so I can add my own? I went through all the PNG and JPG files and didn't see them and the CSS doesn't indicate the image file. Thank you :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm
Some users says that CodeMirror is a little bit better. You might also go for editor settings and try to disable default filters as it is mentioned in linked article.

If it goest to the icons - they are made with FontFace technology - they use custom font to generate vector like icons. Please check FontAwesome as a sample.

GK User
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:27 am
I have same problem! Please help me!

HTML filtering is off but when i open a modul that contains <i></i> and <span> elements those tags are cleared and i lose icons on frontpage.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:00 pm
It's due to Tiny editor. If i turn off Tiny editor and use only CodeMirror modules keep all html elements but now i cannot turn back Tiny Editor on. Will be funny to use code editor only without WYSIWYG. :(
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:54 pm
If you can't switch editor it might be a general Joomla problem (not template related). Did you get any kind of error after saving? What happened exactly?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.