Multilingual SteakHouse

GK User
Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 am
We would like to have a multilingual website with SteakHouse template. Where could we place (what position) FaLang module for language selection? Is there a way to place it in main menu right position?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 am

GK User
Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 am
Thank you for your reply, we've decided to publish the module at the bottom of the page and as a menu link (on top menu and homepage menu).
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:58 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please take a look here: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -switcher/

Hi,
im testing this template on http://tomas2.profi-net.cz/ and I need multilanguage too. In system I have menu for english, menu for Czech ( my language ) and in modules I have language switcher in possition top1. In both menu CZ, EN I have default "Home" for each language and I have assign the same modules to this menus like was by default "home" menu from gavick. Problem is that after activation of the plugin System - Language filter I am loosing the first slide page called "The Best Steak House is Here". I do not know what I have done wrong.

Help me please to figure out my mistake.

Thak you very much
Tomas Janata
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 pm
Hi

The old default page set for ALL is not used in such case. Always one of the pages with languages attached to them is shown, so please simply replace this menu option with for example the one You have for English.

GK User
Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:55 pm
Ok,
I've manage to activate both EN and PL Home Pages (first slide pages).
But one is without a photo background and with top menu.
It means that there is no class attached to body selector in this language version

Code: Select all
<body class="frontpage top1-colorbg" ...

So, How can I add such classes to EN (second language) first slide page?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:11 pm
So, How can I add such classes to EN (second language) first slide page?

Ok, solved.

I found I have to add a suffix for my EN (second language) page in template details >> Features >> Suffixes for pages
ItemID 1075 - frontpage top1-colorbg
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:24 pm
Hi

Yes, this is a very common issue. While having a multi language content each language needs it's own homepage. Which means that new one has to be created and any page class suffixes needs to be attached to all new homepages in order to work under new page.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.