New positions for banners

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:53 pm
Report this post
Hi
I need to set four new module positions in bottom1 instead of a whole module position. This four module positions have to be in horizontal align, one beside other, for to set banners.
For to do it I set four module positions in templatedetails.xml with names bottom1a, bottom1b, bottom1c, bottom1d (between <postions></positions>). After I set them in gk.const.php with "gk_style"...and after I tried to set one of them in default.php with this code:

<?php if($this->modules(‘bottom1a’)) : ?>
<div>
<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”bottom1a” style=”<?php echo $this->module_styles['bottom1a']; ?>” />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

The php for bottom1 position in default.php is:
<?php if($this->API->modules('bottom1')) : ?>
<section id="gkBottom1" class="gkPage gkCols6">
<div>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="bottom1" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['bottom1']; ?>" modnum="<?php echo $this->API->modules('bottom1'); ?>" /
</div>

I tried to set the the code for bottom1a after this but with no results. The position is showing in joomla administrator but no shows some module. I want to know if the php code is in right position in default.php or i have to fix some CSS for to view it (and where set this css).
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 am
Report this post
Could You post an url to your site and be sure that there is any module (simple html with lorem ipsum will be enough) placed in that position?

GK User
Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:38 pm
Report this post
I send you the pass for PM, because the site is unpublished. I send you here a screenshot with an idea. The position would be bottom1 or bottom2...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:11 am
Report this post
I dont see any of modules You have mentioned in the backend.
Please PM me also with ftp data so I can access files and check whats wrong there.

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:06 pm
Report this post
Now I have only "bottom1b" position for to test it. But I think there are some error in default.php or maybe this is not the way for to do it. I send you ftp for PM.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:43 pm
Report this post
Cyberex, I'm doing some changes. One of them is the posibility of align banner modules horizontally in a new banner3 position. For this I need that banner3 can align it horizontally and no vertically.
I have not been able to resolve the positions of modules in default.php and I think that I could help. What style or class I assign and where?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 pm
Report this post
To position few elements horizontally (one aside other) You need to assign them a common class, and then use override.css to float them (float:left). It would be wise also to clear float after those elements.

GK User
Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:39 pm
Report this post
Please explain me. I have the syle

#bottom3 {
float: left;
width: 300px;
}

in override.css

and asign it in default.css with:
<div class="gkPage">
<div id="bottom3">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="bottom3" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['bottom2']; ?>" modnum="<?php echo $this->API->modules('bottom3'); ?>" />
</div>
</div>

but the modules in bottom3 position are still vertically align. I assign 300px only for to test. How can I asign horizontal align next to each other...?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:33 am
Report this post
Please, PM me with site url.

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:55 pm
Report this post
Ok, 1 more question - please fill all informations that should be there and send me a prepared screenshot how should it look like, because now I dont have slight idea how layout should look.

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm
Report this post
O.K here I send a sample. The banner modules that I need are the four marked in a circle. The first is a sample and the other three I have not done yet.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm
Report this post
I have copied the "gnocchi" module 4 times and added suffix "mymodule" to every one of them, so they can be addressed in css. Now please edit: /templates/gk_publisher/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
.gkCols6 .box.gkmod-4.mymodule {width: 23.5%; padding: 0 20px 0 0;}
.gkCols6 .box.gkmod-4.mymodule:last-child {padding: 0;}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

This should position them in one row.

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm
Report this post
This was all!
The new syle had to be linked with the styles .gkCols6 .box.gkmod-4 !
Thanks you very much! this was a headache!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 pm
Report this post
I'm glad it works fine now :)
If You will have any further questions, feel free to use our forum.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.