Several errors

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:52 pm
Report this post
I have been working with the news template aprox. for two months and yesterday I have started to get the error below:

Fatal error: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /customers/a/d/a/abkhazworld.com/httpd.www/aw/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 363

also the same error for line 377

I read the forums and I have added @ sign at the beginning of the line where the problem is, this time the page started to shown as blank. I also changed cache time as 60 minutes but none of them helped to solve the problem. There is another and very serious problem. Despite I unpublished the weather module this is how the web site appears http://postimg.org/image/s7yhx60sx/ This is generally happens when I was trying to access the site for the first time and after refreshing it becomes normal or it happens when I back to Home Page from one of the subpages.

Can you please help me to solve those problems.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:57 pm
Report this post
Well it seems the weather module problem has gone but the second problem continues. When I refresh a page, the site appears like this http://postimg.org/image/s7yhx60sx/ or when I enter the web site. It's not live at the moment by the way.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:02 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please try use the other weather provider than the one You have now. I believe it is a problem relate with an access to it's API.

Send me an access to joomla panel and url to the site so I'll check what can be wrong.

GK User
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Report this post
I have just sent you the access info. I didn't get the error with weather module but the other problem continues. The web site doesn't loading properly. It's generally happens when I try to enter to the web site or when I refresh a page.

Thanks in advance!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:26 pm
Report this post
Just refresh the any page. You will see the problem. First I thought maybe it's because of my connecttion but I asked couple of my friends, all had the same problem.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:26 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've just checked Your site and for me it looks like a validation error, but in <head></head> part caused by one of the extensions. Site is broken becuase the </head> part is closed too fast and the code which should be there is moved to a <body>.

My first quess would be to uninstall all extnsions You do not need. I've noticed that You have a dozen of Virtuemart plugins installed while there is no Virtuemart which can be used with them.

Second thing would be to disable a module afer module while checking if site starts to work. Last unpublished module would be the one to blame.

Updating template won't hurt but I would not suspect this to the the problem if there were no modifiations done to the template itself.

GK User
Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:30 pm
Report this post
Thank you for checking the web site. I had installed Virtuemart but then I had removed. I will have a look the issues you mentioned. Thanks again.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 pm
Report this post
I have noticed and uninstalled all Virtuemart extensions and then I checked all modules, still same. I even unpublished all modules and tried to refresh to see what happens and nothing changed. Can you please help! Or any another suggestion?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:48 pm
Report this post
I asked some and as I understand CSS is not loading but how can I find the source of error? I never had such problem before...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 pm
Report this post
I have disabled you CSS Compression (from template configuration), sometimes it generates such a problems.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Report this post
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:31 pm
Report this post
About GK Weather module, now it don't display any data.
Maybe it has problem with your location.
So probably you have to use different weather code/widget.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 pm
Report this post
All right, I will have a look. Thank you again!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:06 am
Report this post
Hi

Auch. I was just checking the same problem. Pawel please let me know when You will take over a thread so we will not work on the same problem at the same time.

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:10 am
Report this post
I am so sorry, it's my fault! I have sent him a private message. I was in rush because I had stopped working on web site because of that problem. Sorry again and also thank you so much for your help!!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

That's not a problem. What matter is that you have it working. I just think it may be a good idea for us moderators to inform if we are taking over threads, just in case someone else is working at it at the same time. But this is something we will solve between ourselfs :)