Login - Empty password error message

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:01 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I'm having a problem when I click the Login button in the pop up (and that doesn't happen when I am in localhost.)

Let's imagine that I leave the user/password empty... then when I click Login it should give me a message at the top (login2.png attached)... that's what happens in localhost:

login2.png

But when in a live server the same procedure leads me to a 505 error page (login1.png attached):
login1.png

Can anyone explain me why that happens? I would like to have the message at the top when a user leaves his username/password empty, instead of a 505 error page.

Thanks in advance.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 am
Report this post
Hi

Please check if during moving the sit You haven't copied a cache from localhost by accident. Show me You site as well.

GK User
Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:56 pm
Report this post
Hi,

Yes I've copied all the files from localhost. but now I tried to delete cache folders and create new ones just to try if it would work but I still have the same problem. In the demo of Gavick News template the same thing happens too... http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/news/

Here is the site: [url edited by moderator]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:25 pm
Report this post
sandrof wrote:Hi,

Yes I've copied all the files from localhost. but now I tried to delete cache folders and create new ones just to try if it would work but I still have the same problem. In the demo of Gavick News template the same thing happens too... http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/news/

Here is the site: [url edited by moderator]

PS: I just did a fresh quick install on my server and the same problem remains. so... It seems that the cache is not the problem...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've reported this issue to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

teitbite
Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:31 pm
Report this post
Hi

There is a big discussion with programmers about Your issue, but the most important is that on our demo it is set on purpose to block logging option from users at all in admin tools. But this tools are not installed along with quickstart package. Please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll be able to check server settings.

GK User
Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:03 pm
Report this post
Ok. Can I ask you to remove the link of the website I posted days ago? I'll send you the details via pm ok?

Thnanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:51 am
Report this post
Hi

URL edited on user request.

GK User
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:28 am
Report this post
Thanks. sent you the details via pm with the details.

I'm having two other problems:

1) it seems that javascript(?) is not working only on the homepage... when I click the User area icon it doesn't show the popup login as it should, or or when I click the navigation circles of the content it also doesn't work. but if I'm in any subpage it works. Any idea why that happens??

2) enabling css and js compression in template settings messes up the entire page. I searched for this issue and seems that cache could be conflicting with that but I have all cache instances disabled. I also updated the theme files and the issue continues... so should I use other plugin or something to achieve this?

Thanks again.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:29 pm
Report this post
sandrof wrote:1) it seems that javascript(?) is not working only on the homepage... when I click the User area icon it doesn't show the popup login as it should, or or when I click the navigation circles of the content it also doesn't work. but if I'm in any subpage it works. Any idea why that happens??

Just to say that I fixed the first issue by creating a new homepage in the menu items...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am
Report this post
Hi

JS and CSS compression is simply a process of rewritting all css and js into one file for each, which means that some functions which are for example using the same names may not work at all. Unfortunatelly compressing script cannot check that. This is why You have a field for file exclusion. Please start from listing all files in exclusion box and remove one after another till site become broken again. The last file You have removed from list will be to blame and cannot be compressed along with other files.

teitbite
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 am
Report this post
Hi

About 500 error. I've made some tests and looks like problem is in joomla itself (I've disabled template to test if it's relevant, but problem is there even if there is no template active, see screenshot).

After disabling SEF for test I've noticed that a wrong link is called. The link should be

index.php?option=com_users&task=login

but browser is trying to open

index.php?option=com_users&task=user.login

Please try to manually overwrite component users in joomla (frontend and backend) with the latest joomla version package. If this will not help I'm afraid You will have to report it at joomla.org and wait for their fix.