Facebook insights meta property on page, problem adding code

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
Mi Media
Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:04 pm
Report this post
I have the following problem, I have added the code to templates/gk_news/layouts/default.php
but Facebook still says there is no Facebook admin content on your page.

If I inspect the code, I can find it.

<meta property="fb:admins" content="10000336844xxxx" />

Please advise?

teitbite
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 pm
Report this post
Hi

I think You need also an information about app_id. Please take a look into this article: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/insights/

Mi Media
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:52 pm
Report this post
Hi,

you only need an app_id if you use a Facebook app or if you want multiple users to have access to "Facebook insights"

From the page:
Gain access to insights for your website by adding a fb:admins or fb:app_id meta tag to your root webpage, linking it to your personal account or an application.

P.S.

I have just added the code '<meta property="fb:admins" content="10000159854xxxx" />' to one of my old joomla 1.5 sites and it works. So, it only needs 'meta property' to work, just where to put it ? :D

teitbite
Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

Than I have no idea, becuase templates/gk_news/layouts/default.php is a good file. But just to be 100% sure please try putting it to templates/gk_news/layouts/blocks/head.php

Mi Media
Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 pm
Report this post
Now I have it 2 times , but Facebook still don't see it.

http://i.imgur.com/voL0831.jpg

Can you help me once more, how about if I put it in the body. So my question is , where I must paste the code so it shows in the body of the page?
If it still not works then I will put it as a feature request for all templates, you have a place to put google analytic code in your templates, you can add I hope on more slot for facebook insights.

teitbite
Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:58 pm
Report this post
Hi

Body start tag is in /layout/default.php but I believe something else is missing, because if instruction is to add just this one line than it's done properly. I still think an app_id is required in order for this to work.