video mobile size

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 pm
Report this post
Hello,

if i insert some videos the size dont change if people watch with a phone. I used fashion template also there it work fine.

How I can change that it work with this template also?

my projekt showtime.com.ph
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 pm
Report this post
Hi

You need to use a responsive method to add videos. The one You have now has dimensions hardcoded: width="480" height="395"

You may try adding this code to mobile.css, it will fit video's width, but height will be far from good :(

Code: Select all
.itemFullText iframe {
width: 100% !important;
height: auto !important;
}

here is a better idea how to make it work: http://webdesignerwall.com/tutorials/css-elastic-videos

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 am
Report this post
hi,

your solution is exactly what i want. I works perfect. I used your code. wht you mean with height? Please take a look here. I think now the video size is with your code elastic also. Of course its much better to watch a vido horizantal with a phone.

http://showtime.com.ph/bandila/321-ange ... ole-in-otj

thank you
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:02 pm
Report this post
Hi

Not exactly. Please try use the solution from the article I've pasted a link to. Right now video doesn;t look good on small screens.

GK User
Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 am
Report this post
I try the code from and it works http://showtime.com.ph/kalokalike/333-a ... oco-martin

but now I can go tought all articles and change it because you have to put the html code.

I used jce media manager to pt videos in content. maybe i can put the code there.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:28 pm
Report this post
Hi

No need to change article code. There is a layer called "video-container" which can use the css for flexible content. Was this layer there by default or You've changed that already ?

GK User
Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 pm
Report this post
Thank you. I tried it already and it works fine. But I have all the time to put the html code in the article html layout if I upload a video.

My steps now:

1.Write acticle and put the youtube code in jce media manager to get the size and all.
2.Open the html viewer and put the copied html code inside.
3.Change the url and size with my copied html code.

A litle tricky but it works fine.

Andy

I sent you an email
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:01 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. I see that this is the best option right now. If video would be placed with a plugin or a K2 feature than a separated frame exists and it could be automatized than.