custom module positions causing errors

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:55 pm
Report this post
I'm attempting to add custom module positions to the News template (following http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-templates/customizing-joomla-template/how-to-add-new-module-position/) and I keep receiving this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method GKTemplateLayout::modules()

I've also tried copying the template's method ($this->API->modules), which doesn't throw the error but seems to not actually allow modules to display. Any suggestions?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 pm
Report this post
Send me an access details to my email and I ll take a look at it. Please state which files you have modified and name of your custom module position.

Please include this topic link and subject in your email.

I would need ftp access and joomla admin access.

My email normanuk[at]live.co.uk

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:20 pm
Report this post
normanUK wrote:Send me an access details to my email and I ll take a look at it. Please state which files you have modified and name of your custom module position.

I would need ftp access and joomla admin access.

My email normanuk[at]live.co.uk

Thank you so much for your response, but unfortunately, I'm not able to provide test access. (I'm on a university development server. I might be able to copy it to another location but the site contains over 10,000 articles and would take some time.)

Is there any other way we could troubleshoot?

We've changed these files (I can upload as attachments if that would be helpful):
images/mn-logo.png (our logo)
root/templateDetails.xml
css/override.css
lib/framework/gk.const.php
layouts/default.php
layouts/blocks/footer.php

We're running Joomla 2.5.14 and version 3.9 of the template. The pages on which we've used the News Show Pro modules seemed to come up fine with our modifications, but the above error is generated when trying to view any of the content (category lists, single article views).

Essentially, I just need to increase the logo/header size, and add the "userarea" module position in the upper right, as documented in the template's module positions. I also need to add a couple of positions to the footer but have not been able to get either of these added.

Thanks again for your response, and your help!
Nicole
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 am
Report this post
Please package your template folder and send it to me normanuk[at]live.co.uk.

This way I can check in my server and let you know what is the problem.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm
Report this post
Thanks again; I've sent an email with the template and details.

Nicole
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:07 am
Report this post
Please check your email thank you.

Let us know if you need further help.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder