extended sidebar ads

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 am
Report this post
hello friends, i would like to add the area i have marked with black arrow to the template i attach here, to our News template. How can i do that? Can i use a javascript plugin/module or can i alter the code to this template to do that? Please provide details on this issue.
Thanks again for the great support!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:13 pm
Report this post
Sadly, this is a customization that we doesnt support.
It requires quite a lot of work to do (specially if it has to be clickable) - from creating new module positions, into modifying layer structure.
It would be easier to do it with javascript, but still, You need a professional developer's help to do that.

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm
Report this post
please give me some help here it is on my requirments, how i do that? i know you can help me , suggest some modules maybe? how i do that on my own?
thank you again for the great help!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 am
Report this post
As I said before - we doesn't support this kind of customization. Try to search for a freelancer on joomla forums and ask for help.
Right now there are none known to me modules o plugins that allow to create banners of such kind.

GK User
Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm
Report this post
Ηi Cyberek this question doesnt affair only you so please try not to take it personally, i would like to hear some other opinions please as i have purchassed a paid licence and would like some support.
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:46 pm
Report this post
No problem, Ill ask other support for help.

teitbite
Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:01 pm
Report this post
Hi

Cyberek is right. This is a customization beyond our support, but You may try something simple first. Please create new modules attached to "mainbody_top" position, add module class suffix " absolute_left" to this on right and "absolute_right" to right one. Now add this code to css:

Code: Select all
.absolute_left { position: absolute; left:0; }
.absolute_right { position: absolute; right:0; }

than show me Yours site when You will have above ready (will look broken, so do not worry).

GK User
Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 pm
Report this post
yes i thought it would be possible with css, but i didnt knew how! I will try it and send you the link teitbite . Thanks for the great support guys!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 am
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Like I've said my code is just a start. There will be more code required. So do not worry id it will be displaying not ok.