Website Logo Position

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:38 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I want to place a larger site logo, as shown here

ERMC.

So, I deleted the logo "NEWS" on the top left side in the main menu. How do I remove the space on the Left where the "News" logo used to be?

I moved the"large" site logo to another module position below the Main Menu. However, as shown in the link, there is too much space between the Main Menu and the large logo, as shown in the site link above.

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:26 pm
Report this post
Please edit: /templates/gk_news/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
#gkTopMenu {background: none; line-height: 0px;}
#gkContentTop {padding: 14x 20px 14px;}
#gkTopMenu p {margin: 0px;}

Also remove the line break (<br>) from module with logo (it is before anchor with image of logo inside).

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

GK User
Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:12 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Please edit: /templates/gk_news/css/override.css and add at its end:
#gkTopMenu {background: none; line-height: 0px;}
#gkContentTop {padding: 14x 20px 14px;}
#gkTopMenu p {margin: 0px;}

Also remove the line break (<br>) from module with logo (it is before anchor with image of logo inside).

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

Thanks Cyberek,

It worked partially. I want the "Main Menu" with the first "Home" to align with the left margin of the website.. It does not, because. I think, there is a reserve module space for where the "News" logo used to be?

Also, is there a way to remove the paragraph "<p> ....</p>" in the logo module? I am not sure if the presence of the "<p> ....</p>" that is causing the "Search" and the Social Media" icon modules to go below the large logo in my Safari Browser.

In my Camino browser, "Search" and the Social Media" icon modules are to the right (same row) of the large logo module. This layout would be what I prefer.

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 am
Report this post
Try with this:
#gkLogo.cssLogo {display: none;}

GK User
Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:27 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Try with this:
#gkLogo.cssLogo {display: none;}

Thanks Cyberek, it worked. THe ones you posted will work for the Joomla ve3.x, also?

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:53 am
Report this post
They should.

GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:54 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:They should.

Thanks Cyberek,

That is one issue solved.