JS compression error 500

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:38 am
Report this post
Hi
I am trying to set up JS compression in template settings. When I activate it, site looks ok.
The problem is when I go pingdom to test my site. Compressed JS is giving 500 error.
cache js.png

When I check the JS file with FTP, I see it has 644. When I manually change permission to 755, the problem is gone.
cache js2.png

What should I do?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:28 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I can said that,
if browser have access to your website and all JS are working fine, you don't have to worry about pingdom service they have it's own algorithm so as you saw if you change permission no problem.

Of course 644 permission settings is safe, 755 not really. So you have decide what is more important.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:39 pm
Report this post
(1) The latest version of this template is 3.8.1 (30/04/2013)
(2) I've tested this template on my server then I used tools.pingdom.com and I didnt't get any errors, so this is not template fault but probably your server settings.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:44 am
Report this post
When I had permission to 644 - not all js were working correctly, with 755 everything is working.

Thanks for help
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:35 pm
Report this post
Can I set the position of compressed js.php file? I would like to move in lower when the site is loading.

I use CDN for Joomla. Loading of js.php file (over 100kb) is slow (about 1s). How can I move it to CDN?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:25 pm
Report this post
Can I set the position of compressed js.php file? I would like to move in lower when the site is loading.

You have to modify Gavern framework, check this file: gk_news\layouts\blocks\head.php
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:12 pm
Report this post
Great, thanks for help :-)
Senior Boarder