Article title in category size H2

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 pm
Report this post
Hi
I need to change article title in category view from H1 to H2. How can I achieve this?
It is not good practice to have several H1 on single page...

Thanks for help.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 pm
Report this post
Hi,
ad 1) Two options :ugeek:
    OR Check our override rules from our template : gk_news\html\com_content\category - check few files there

ad 2)
It is not good practice to have several H1 on single page...

I'm not so sure, please watch few moves about SEO from Google workers on youtube //google webmaster channel or something...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:25 pm
Report this post
Thanks for suggestions.
I understand, there can be one - two (few) H1 tags on single page. But if I have page (category view) with 10 articles in H1 tags, then I think it is not the best for Google. They might think I am over doing SEO.

That´s why I prefer category title in H1 tag, articles in H2.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:47 am
Report this post
It is always recommended to have only 1 H1 tag in a single page, it's the best practice for on-page SEO.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:48 pm
Report this post
Don Lee wrote:It is always recommended to have only 1 H1 tag in a single page, it's the best practice for on-page SEO.

I agree with you, there should be only one H1, but as google says if you have one - two more H1 leading to sections or to something important nothing big happens.

But to have 10x H1 on single page ... I am sure Google won´t like me :-)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 am
Report this post
So it's not good, you should follow Pawel's suggestion to change H1 to H2 instead, open the files in this folder to change that: \gk_news\html\com_content\category
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 am
Report this post
Don Lee wrote:So it's not good, you should follow Pawel's suggestion to change H1 to H2 instead, open the files in this folder to change that: \gk_news\html\com_content\category

I did it already. Everything is H2 in category view :-)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:19 am
Report this post
I noticed in the old themes, Gavick used only H1 for logo, that was good. @Pawel mate you should inform the developers to check and correct this, it's really important for SEO.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:37 pm
Report this post
Thanks, I will inform.
Platinum Boarder