Social Media Icons and Search positions

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:34 pm
Report this post
Hello-
We just installed GK News version 3.8 on Joomla 2.5 and while I have been able to manually create social media icons, the settings options are not in the Features section of the template, unlike some of the screen capture examples I've seen in the forums.

This site was originally built on the quickstart version of Music-Free and then I renewed my membership today and just downloaded the template and not the quickstart. Is it possible something is not installed?

Also, I have tried putting the "Search" module into the search position with no luck. It will only show up in Top1 or Sidebar positions, nothing higher than that (tried "header" and "mainmenu" and even "logo" for the fun of it.) Same with the Social Media icons - if I try to put them in the "Social" location, nothing shows up.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:16 pm
Report this post
Hi,
SEARCH
I know solution, you have to publish any module on "topmenu" position, then you will see "search" module if you enable it also.

SOCIAL ICONS
You have to add/create a "Custom HTM" and put it on "social" position, and inside insert this code
Code: Select all
<p><a class="gkTwitter" href="#">Twitter</a><a class="gkFb" href="#">Facebook</a><a class="gkPinterest" href="#">Pinterest</a><a class="gkGplus" href="#">Google+</a></p>

of course instead # add your links. tha'ts all ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 22, 2013 8:06 pm
Report this post
Hi Pawel-
Been away from this for a few weeks and just went back to it and it works! :) Biggest tip in all of this was that I didn't have anything in the "topmenu" position, so as soon as I did that (I just put in a simple Custom HTML module with the word "test" in it and published it in "topmenu") the social media icons showed up. I had them in "social" position, but without the "topmenu" enabled by another module, the icons wouldn't show up. Really had me stumped. Thanks so much!
-Kelly

Pawel F wrote:Hi,
SEARCH
I know solution, you have to publish any module on "topmenu" position, then you will see "search" module if you enable it also.

SOCIAL ICONS
You have to add/create a "Custom HTM" and put it on "social" position, and inside insert this code
Code: Select all
<p><a class="gkTwitter" href="#">Twitter</a><a class="gkFb" href="#">Facebook</a><a class="gkPinterest" href="#">Pinterest</a><a class="gkGplus" href="#">Google+</a></p>

of course instead # add your links. tha'ts all ;)
Fresh Boarder