Mainbody/Component position.

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:43 am
Report this post
Hi again folks.
This is simple i am hoping but I can not seem to get Latest News Module to show in the MainBody/Component position.

Any help will be appreciated I imagine it will be something simple I have overlooked.

Darren
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am
Report this post
The mainbody/component position works only on 'Home' page so maybe this is the problem. The module is working properly when you set position to mainbody_top for example ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 pm
Report this post
That would be the reason.. I did not think of that. Thanks for you help.
Was very appreciative
Darren
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 pm
Report this post
Mam ten problem.

Gdy moduł News Show Pro umieszczę na innej stronie w mainbody to występuje problem z szablone wyświetlanym w małej rodzielczości np. na telefonie komórkowym.

Moduł News Show Pro nie diala tak samo na na stronie głównej w mainbody.

Jakiś pomysł?

------------

I have this problem.

When a module News Show Pro will put on another page in the mainbody there is a problem with the template that appears in the low-res example, on a mobile phone.

News Show Pro module Diala not the same on the home page in the mainbody.

Any idea?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 am
Report this post
As I wrote in my previous response the mainbody/component positions works only on 'home' menu item. Please try to use just mainbody_top/mainbody_bottom position.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:49 pm
Report this post
On our end, the mod_news_pro_gk4 module is not showing in the frontpage in either mainbody_top, mainbody, and/or mainbody_bottom positions. But the module News Show Pro GK5 is shown with no problem...

Also the news title in the module published on bannertop in the frontpage appears really big, and in other pages appears as is suppose to be... what could this be?

Should we install the mod_news_pro_gk4 that is not for responsive templates, since the one we have installed is for resposive templates?

Please help...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:01 am
Report this post
@jolmedia - please provide an URL to your website, btw News is responsive template so NSP for responsive template is a proper version for this template.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:42 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:@jolmedia - please provide an URL to your website, btw News is responsive template so NSP for responsive template is a proper version for this template.

Hi there,

I sent you a Private Message with this post's title as Subject with the URL to our site and some login credentials.

Thanks in advance.

jolmeda
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:54 am
Report this post
Your problem is most probably connected with fact that the NSP GK4 module is not supported in the Rockwall template and the NSP GK5 module is not supported by the News template, so in your case switching between these two templates will always mean problems due fact of the incompatibility with the module - you should install the proper version of the module for the specific templates.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:43 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Your problem is most probably connected with fact that the NSP GK4 module is not supported in the Rockwall template and the NSP GK5 module is not supported by the News template, so in your case switching between these two templates will always mean problems due fact of the incompatibility with the module - you should install the proper version of the module for the specific templates.

We have both modules installed. When we try to make the NEWS template as the default template, the NSP GK4 doesn't work in any pages under any mainbody positions... That's the problem.

We already know that NSP GK4 is not support on Rockwall, and that NSP GK5 is not supported under News mag.

Mainbody positions are not working at all on our end when we use the NEWS template, that's our basic problem.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:07 pm
Report this post
But do you remember that the mainbody module position works only on the frontpage?
Administrator

GK User
Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:20 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:But do you remember that the mainbody module position works only on the frontpage?

Of course I remember. On our end, with the News template enabled the mainbody, mainbody_top, and mainbody_bottom positions doesn't work on the frontpage with NSP GK4 and the mainbody_top and mainbody_bottom are not working at all on other pages with NSP GK4.

On the mainbody_top and mainbody_bottom positions NSP GK4 only shows it's title if it's enabled, otherwise only shows an empty space in every page, frontpage and other pages. That's our basic problem.

Do we have to disable every NSP GK5 for NSP GK4 work properly or what?

Thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:54 pm
Report this post
So you have most probably wrongly configured modules - please try to change the data source settings.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:25 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:So you have most probably wrongly configured modules - please try to change the data source settings.

The source settings are setup to read K2 items, since we don't user the content manager from joomla and still not loading modules on those positions.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:46 pm
Report this post
Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:29 pm
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.

Thanks for your reply bkrztuk...

After several backups and restore on my localhost we noticed that by disabling all NSP GK5 the template positions and NSP GK4 started behaving correctly. We disabled every NSP GK5 mod and now is working perfect.

Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:19 pm
Report this post
Maybe it is not related with NSP but any module on Mainbody position - then the default component view is disabled.
Platinum Boarder