Questions about quickstart

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:23 am
Report this post
I currently am using News II and want to upgrade to the News template. I've tried updating the extensions in an effort to get my installation close to the demo version, but it's proving to be a nightmare.

So is it possible to use the Quickstart package on the site to install News, and then use the current database to populate it? I have more than 3,000 articles on the site, so I can't afford to start completely from scratch on the content side.

Is it worth trying or do you have any other suggestions?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 am
Report this post
Hi,
I can give you only a little tip (you know why):
1) Install QuickStart on test server
2) From webpages where you have 3000 articles using phpmyadmin or other mysql tool export tables with articles & categories
3) On "test" website use phpmyadmin and import tables exported from (2)

This should work for this same Joomla versions.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 am
Report this post
Pawel F wrote:Hi,
I can give you only a little tip (you know why):
1) Install QuickStart on test server
2) From webpages where you have 3000 articles using phpmyadmin or other mysql tool export tables with articles & categories
3) On "test" website use phpmyadmin and import tables exported from (2)

This should work for this same Joomla versions.

So I installed the quickstart package on a new server and it worked great. I exported the sql from the old setup and imported it onto the new site. But even though my news installation says its connected to that database, I'm still only seeing the default content included in the quickstart package.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm
Report this post
Your new datebase tables have to have this same prefix like in old one,
or you have to change it manually in PHPMyAdmin.
Platinum Boarder