Date problem in k2 categories

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 am
Report this post
In the blog of K2 category doesn't turn on visibility of creation date of the k2 items. But date of the change of the items in category's blog is working correctly. And when entering the material, date also displayed. How can I switch on date of item's creation in categories blog, what should I do? (In the K2 category's settings this option does not change anything, of course). The latest versions of Joomla 2.5 and K2 installed. Sorry for my bad english and thank you.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:22 am
Report this post
Hi,
please check if category where you change options doesn't inherit settings from another category.

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am
Report this post
No, category doesn't inherit settings from another. I used the quickstart from your website, after that I have updated Joomla and K2 versions, then I set up all the components and categories in K2 and saw this problem :( All the settings are correct, but the date doesn't displayed in the category's blog.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:19 am
Report this post
Pleeease, help me.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 am
Report this post
Please go to html/com_k2/templates/default/cateogry_item.php and find:
Code: Select all
<?php if($this->item->params->get('latestItemDateCreated')): ?>
                  <li class="itemDate">
                     <time datetime="<?php echo JHtml::_('date', $this->item->created, JText::_(DATE_W3C)); ?>">
                        <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->created, JText::_('d M Y')); ?>
                     </time>
                  </li>
                  <?php endif; ?>

then change it to:
Code: Select all
<?php if($this->item->params->get('catItemDateCreated')): ?>
                  <li class="itemDate">
                     <time datetime="<?php echo JHtml::_('date', $this->item->created, JText::_(DATE_W3C)); ?>">
                        <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->created, JText::_('d M Y')); ?>
                     </time>
                  </li>
                  <?php endif; ?>

GK User
Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 am
Report this post
Thank you very much! It works perfectly!
Fresh Boarder