Registration link in login popup

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 am
Report this post
Hi,

Can any one help me out how to place a registration link in login pop up. In news template.

I was wondering why they missed it during time of designing. This is must right?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 pm
Report this post
This template support only pop-up for login form and this is not so easy to make the register in the same way. You need to modify template core JS file and also add some module position for register etc. You can compare changes with one of the template which is using pop-up register but there is no code that I can give you to make it working.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 pm
Report this post
HI,

I feel you took my question wrong. I am not looking for popup registration form.

All I want is users to register to the site and give them a chance to register. I just want a simple hyperlink just bellow request for password, request for username lick click here to register.

When user click on that link, they can then be forward to registration page as usual as of forgot password method.

I was thinking on the user point of view that there was no way that they can register to the site instead scroll down and find a link in footer section.

Hope its clear now..

Thanks for the support.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:41 am
Report this post
Yes you're right I thought you want some additional pop-up window. Please open file html/mod_login/default.php from template directory and then find this line :

[url]<li> <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=remind'); ?>"> <?php echo JText::_('MOD_LOGIN_FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME'); ?></a> </li>[/url]

then just copy this part to add new <LI> element and change URL to register page and MOD_LOGIN_FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME to text for this register link.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 am
Report this post
Cool thanks it works fine.

thanks for the help.

RR
Expert Boarder