error message and picture caption at wrong place

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:44 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I've just migrated my Joomla 1.5 site to Joomla 2.5.8 (with sp-upgrade)and I installed the News template.

Above a contentitem this message appears: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../gk_news/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 13

The caption of a picture is shown at a total different place but not below the picture.

I have the same problem with the template 'publisher'.
URL: http://www.marcbogaert.be/mb2
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am
Report this post
Please configure your server according to Joomla! requirements so disable display_errors option in PHP configuration. When your run default Joomla! installer not the upgrade method you will see a message in server check process to disable this option in your configuration.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:06 pm
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:Please configure your server according to Joomla! requirements so disable display_errors option in PHP configuration. When your run default Joomla! installer not the upgrade method you will see a message in server check process to disable this option in your configuration.

It has nothing to do with configuration of the server. I did a test: I opened an article and saved it without changing anything. WYSIWYG was disabled and I didn't notice any bad code. After saving the article, the error message was gone.

The caption of a picture stays on the wrong place. The issues also appears when I use the quickinstall.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 am
Report this post
Please give me direct link to page where the picture caption is in wrong place.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 pm
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:Please give me direct link to page where the picture caption is in wrong place.

The link is http://www.marcbogaert.be/mb2/index.php/blog/persoonlijke-blog.

I did some test on a local server and: when you user large images with the same width as the page, the caption is right uppercorner. That can be beautiful but in the current articles the first image has a width of 200px.

I can remove the caption or relocate the caption (it's always good to have a choice). With the second choice, I need some help. Thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm
Report this post
Please add this code to override.css file in root/templates/gk_template_name/css directory :
Code: Select all
p.img_caption {
right: auto;
left: 0;
position: relative;
}

and then just remember to enable "Use override CSS" option in template advanced settings tab.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:29 pm
Report this post
thank you. It's much better now.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:19 pm
Report this post
I have the same issue - Captions do not appear under the image but in the header space at the top of the page, when applying this override the captions appear in the correct part of the page but they are incorrectly styled with a coloured background that sometimes obscures the entire image, please see this page and scroll down to see example of obscured image:

http://dev.counterfire.org/index.php/ma ... mperialism
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm
Report this post
montague wrote:I have the same issue......

Hello friend....
Copy this code in overide.css, enable the overide in template setting and it will works....
Code: Select all
p.img_caption {
  background: transparent;
  left: 0px;
  position: relative;
  text-align: center;
  border-color: #e5e5e5;
}
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 am
Report this post
Thanks Kosovari, I've applied that override but there is now no margin on the images so that the text runs directly up to the image edge :http://dev.counterfire.org/index.php/marxist-history-of-the-world/16166-a-marxist-history-of-the-world-part-102-what-is-neoliberalism

Suggestions very welcome :)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 pm
Report this post
montague wrote:Thanks Kosovari,....Suggestions very welcome :)

Hello Friend,
set your text not align: left.... set it to center.... looks much better.... if you wanna style the text more than now or other font like the font from item so set into the code:
font-family: tahoma;
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
and and....
if you need margin.... i have see that dont works clear like in template twn2.... but you can play a bit with:
margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
the first ist top, right, bottom, left....
you can play too a bit with padding, like:
padding: 5px 0px 2px 5px;
you have much things what you can set into the text or as background or mousover or or....
My site still not open, than you can see more about caption and and.... im still updating and wanna have 100 % good working site....

See you....
Expert Boarder