Pagination in K2

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:53 pm
Report this post
I found one problem which is important for longer articles - pagination. In standard Joomla items it working properly but in K2 items there is one long page with lines in place of pagination. Could you please fix that?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:26 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please tell me an exact page where I can see this issue.

GK User
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please tell me an exact page where I can see this issue.

For example go to this item

http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/news/in ... the-centre

Edit it and in the middle insert Page Break you will see then.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm
Report this post
I prepared here quickstart with page break for you:

http://test.modelarstwo.info/index.php/ ... the-centre

and here is Joomla article which look perfect with pagination and Table of Content
http://test.modelarstwo.info/index.php/ ... le-article
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 am
Report this post
Hi Gavick Team,

Any chance that someone will answer my question? It's very important for me to have this functionality working.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 pm
Report this post
Hi

Sorry. My kid got sick and I could not answer earlier.

Anyway You need to explaing it a little better to me. Here is a screenshot how I see the page You said is an example of broken behavior. Please attache Your screen so I know what You have in mind.

GK User
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I resolved that problem by myself. Because it's my first contact with K2 I was not aware that K2 is not supporting pagination but some work and it's working in way I'm expecting from it.

As a bonus small add-on to template.css file.

Code: Select all
li.pagination-start .pagenav,
li.pagination-prev .pagenav,
li.pagination-next .pagenav,
li.pagination-end .pagenav {
display: none;
}
li.pagination-start a.pagenav,
li.pagination-prev a.pagenav,
li.pagination-next a.pagenav,
li.pagination-end a.pagenav {
display: inline;
}

With this addition on first page in multipage article there is no Start Prev buttons and on last page there is no End Next buttons which doesn't look good.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

Pagination is working in category view for example. That's why I had problems to understand what pagination You have in mind in article view :) Stilldo not know.

Anyway just a small tip how to best work with our templates customizations. For any css modification please use override.css and activate this file in template configuratio so during the template update there will be no problems to keep the changes but simply saving one file from being overwritten.

GK User
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 pm
Report this post

Pagination is working in category view for example. That's why I had problems to understand what pagination You have in mind in article view :) Stilldo not know.

Exactly... I were thinking about item (article) pagination.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please do not get me wrong, but I always understood "pagination" as when something was devided into parts and needed to be show on a different page. Do You mean deviding into intro and fulltext with read more line is called pagination either ?

And what problems with K2 is it bringing ? As far as I know there is a way to display them both separately. In fact K2 has an option to display a second editor, one for intotext and the other for fulltext.

GK User
Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 pm
Report this post
Pagination is when your article is divided on pages using pagebreak. In this case you can have long article divided for example on 8 pages it's possible with joomla content but it's not possible with K2 and it was my question. If you want to test that setup quickstart package (for example News template or Game News which are using K2). Then go to K2 article (item) and with your editor add 2-3 page breaks into article. Then look how it's working do you see pagination or Table of Contents. Do the same action with example Joomla article and you will see difference. On my test page I did some customization and it's working on normal K2 it's not working and you can see that in quickstart version of templates. I think that in demo Gavick should include articles which are divided with pagebreak to few pages.

Please read on this page what is pagination and pagebreak.
http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ ... page-break
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

No wandering I did not known that if I had moved to K2 at the beginning. Thank You for this lesson. I see an opportunity to create a nice plugin for K2 which can do that.

GK User
Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:18 pm
Report this post

No wandering I did not known that if I had moved to K2 at the beginning. Thank You for this lesson. I see an opportunity to create a nice plugin for K2 which can do that.

I just found that someone created such a nice plugin. Here is link to it:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tabs/20479

I think it will increase Gavick templates value if you will develop such nice thing and will include it with your templates.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:55 pm
Report this post
Hi

I bet it will, but this plugin is free, so probably developer will come to some agreement. I;m not the one to decide anyway. Thank You for this link.