[SOLVED] Problems with Show Create Date on the blog

GK User
Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 pm
Hi there!
I have a problem when I publish my articles like a blog

The date don't appear (see pic)

I selected to show create date in the menu, the category and article, but nothing happens...

You can see that on my web here
http://fundacionpdvictorsastre.com.mialias.net/index.php/2012-01-09-18-17-44/noticias-2012
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 am
Article links in your example link does show created dates. Did you fix this or changed your settings. Let us know, thank you.

See you around.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:40 pm
Hi! Yes, in the articles is all right.
The problem is in the blog:
http://fundacionpdvictorsastre.com.mialias.net/index.php/noticias-left

Thanks!!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm
Can you please send me access details for joomla as well as ftp via private message please.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 pm
Done. Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:24 pm
If you mean you have send the details I haven't received anything via private message.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:54 pm
Ups! I did it again. Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:23 am
Marking this topic as solved. ( Solved via pm / control panel access )

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:32 pm
normanUK wrote:Marking this topic as solved. ( Solved via pm / control panel access )

See you around...

Can you post the solution? i am having a similar issue using postnote and j1.7 . All settings are set to show 'published date' and only the word 'published' is shown. No ':' either and no actual date.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 am
I do not have access to older versions of postnote for joomla 1.7 so please check following files and replace as below.

Problem: Due to wrong language string used in custom styles, when article published date is enabled following happens in frontend, instead of " Published on: xx xx xxxx " users only see "Published" word.

Replace "COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE" with "COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE_ON" without qoutes.

Check following files and lines, although line numbers are from latest version code should be similar.

\templates\gk_postnote\html\com_content\article\default.php
Code: Select all
Line 152:       <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE', JHTML::_('date',$this->item->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2'))); ?>
Line 294:                <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE', JHTML::_('date',$this->item->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2'))); ?>

\templates\gk_postnote\html\com_content\category\blog_item.php
Line 105:       <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE', JHTML::_('date',$this->item->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2'))); ?>
Line 232:              <span class="published"><?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE', JHTML::_('date',$this->item->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2'))); ?></span>

\templates\gk_postnote\html\com_content\featured\default_item.php
Line 119:       <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE', JHTML::_('date',$this->item->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2'))); ?>
Line 236:              <span class="published"><?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE', JHTML::_('date',$this->item->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2'))); ?></span>

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:44 pm
Thanks! That did it!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:01 am
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:40 pm
Hi there,

I have a very similar problem:

I use "the real design"-template and want to show in a blog section the creation date instead of the publishing date on the left hand side in the "black square". I can show the publishing date (as I did in the 2nd article, named "Vortrag"). In the category blog I show all dates of my trainings so it would be wonderful if the date in the square would correspond with the beginning date of my training and I want to show the article in the categroy blog some months before the beginning of the training so using the publishing date isn't the solution. http://sandraeversberg.de/sandra-eversb ... -eversberg
Hope I made it clear.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to change this.
Thanks for your hel
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:39 pm
So basically in black square date you want to show "created date". Is this correct?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:33 am
yes, this is absolut correct. In k2 it is solved like I would love it (it shows created date instead of published date) but I don't like the layout of the category blog in k2 so I would prefer to use joomla only.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:19 pm
Following is for GK Real Design Template
Following is for joomla 2.5
Following changes Blog Layout > Date displayed on the left from published date to created date.

Find File: \templates\gk_the_real_design\html\com_content\category\blog_item.php
Find Lines: 38 to 43 which is below
            <?php if ($params->get('show_publish_date')) : ?>
         <div class="gkDate">
            <div><?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->publish_up, JText::_('d')); ?></div>
            <div><?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->publish_up, JText::_('M')); ?></div>
         </div>
         <?php endif; ?>

Replace with below
            <?php if ($params->get('show_create_date')) : ?>
         <div class="gkDate">
            <div><?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->created, JText::_('d')); ?></div>
            <div><?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->created, JText::_('M')); ?></div>
         </div>
         <?php endif; ?>

Make sure Show Created Date is enabled in article option or Category Option or from Menu Article Options.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 pm
Thanks so much! This works very fine! Thank you! :D
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:09 pm
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:53 am
normanUK wrote:No problem at all, see you around...

Hi Norman
On my site I want to remove the category layout features that appear on the left completely such as the author, date, icons etc. How do I remove that from the layout?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:07 am
Hi corne,

Can you please open a separate topic as this one is getting mixed with different template contents.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder