IE8 not loading CSS. Javascript error?

Memovie Joomla Template support forum for Joomla 1.5 only.
GK User
Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 am
For some reason, only on two pages of my website, one a Joomla Category View and on a K2 Items view for Registered members, IE8 displays the website with little or no CSS. The mega menu stretches all the way down the page and the fonts are in Times New Roman. Have a look at the attached files.

NORMAL CATEGORY VIEW
normal-category-layout_2011-02-10-3.jpg

MESSED UP CSS and MENU
messed-up_2011-02-10-2.jpg

Chrome, FF and Safari are all fine. It's only IE8.

I've disabled mega menu and every module on each page but cannot find what is causing it, other that an IE8 error about domready_fix.js, which seems to appear on every page anyway.

I've looked at other threads for other templates where people have had similar problems, but nothing seems to work.

teitbite, I've sent to your Gmail the web address and login details, as this website isn't launched yet and I cannot post links to it yet.

Please help.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:37 am
Ok, after much fiddling about with this page, recreating it, disabling and re-enabling modules, recreating menu items, I've found out the following.

If I set this menu item Category Blog layout with only 8 items, it works. All CSS files load. The pagination doesn't work correctly but at least the CSS loads.

If I set it to display 9 or more, less and less CSS is applied to the page.

Anyone else having these issues?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:39 pm
Now I've fixed the issue, but I still struggled to find the problem. One of the affected pages had a Chronoforms plugin than displayed forms in a module. Worked fine in everything but IE*. As soon as I disabled the module and plugin, more CSS loaded but not all of it. And this didn't explain why the other pages with no Chronoforms on them were displaying all messed up.

I ended up completely deleting the affected pages, their menu items, deleting any records in AceSEF and recreating the pages and menu items.

I still have the Errors on Page at the bottom corner of the IE8 window, which are driving me nuts, as the error descriptions don't really outline what is missing in the Javascript.

But the website loads correctly for now.

Please post here if anyone else runs into this kind of thing. Or if anyone has Javascript errors on page that just won't go away.
Expert Boarder