Banner not centered in right column / Module bleeding over in IE8

Memovie Joomla Template support forum for Joomla 1.5 only.
GK User
Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 am
I have placed a 300 x 250 banner in header2 position. The banner is not centered horizontally or vertically in this position. It seems to also cause extra padding around the header1 position.

Also only when using IE8 I seem to get a bleeding of two modules in the right positions. See Jazz Spotlights and Jazz Photography.

Test site is set up at jazzrevue.com

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 am
I figured a way to not make the banner look uncentered. However, I still have the problem with modules bleeding over into the next column. Can someone offer some help on this problem.

Thanks,

Morrice
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:23 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:44 am
My site can be seen at: http://jazzrevue.com/ The jazz spotlight area bleeds over on IE8. I also have a new problem with the top serach box. I get the following error: Notice: Undefined variable: output in /mnt/data/vhosts/jazzrevue.com/httpdocs/templates/gk_memovie/html/mod_search/default.php on line 56

Any help would be appreciated.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 am
Regarding the banner, when I use your slide show, everythign fits well, however when I use another slideshow, I get the extra space on the top and bottom. I would like to use your slideshop but I need it to work with K2 items.
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:38 am
Hi for eliminate extra padding around the header1 position change this one in template.css

Code: Select all
#fpss-outer-container {
border:1px solid #333333;
margin:8px auto;
padding:0;
width:660px;
}

to

Code: Select all
#fpss-outer-container {
border:1px solid #333333;
margin:0 auto;
padding:0;
width:660px;
}

GK User
Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:03 pm
I am also getting the following error: I also have a new problem with the top serach box. I get the following error: Notice: Undefined variable: output in /mnt/data/vhosts/jazzrevue.com/httpdocs/templates/gk_memovie/html/mod_search/default.php on line 56

I believe this is coming from the serach box but I don't know why?

Any suggestions?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:13 am
Hi

Please in joomla panel in global configuration for server change error showing level to none. It's requested form joomla developers in case of such behaviour.

GK User
Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 pm
Thank you very much. This corrected the problem.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:27 pm
Th server error change removed the error from teh page, however, the main menu is not working on the index paeg. The page error is as follows:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:23:54 UTC

Line: 61
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://www.jazzrevue.com/templates/gk_m ... nu/mega.js

Menu works on other pages but not on index page.

Any suggestions?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:48 pm
Hi

It seams jquery conflict with mootools.
This comes from K2 slideshow extension.
I recommend that you search on joomla extensions some plugin for no conflict on jquery or disable jquery on this extension, if this option is available.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:32 am
Thank you, I removed the slideshow and the error went away. When are you guys going to develop your slide show to work with K2. The Gavick Slide show is the best I have seen but I run everything through K2.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 am
Hi

It's in plans, but right now there is a lot of work on recoding templates to joomla 1.6 so it won't be soon. Meanwhile You can use "own link" to direct to K2 pages.

GK User
Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 am
Thanks for the info. You've been a huge help.
Junior Boarder