Article in an empty page....

Memovie Joomla Template support forum for Joomla 1.5 only.
GK User
Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:29 pm
Hi,

i'm trying to create a site with K2 using a Gavick template.

The problem that i'm experiencing i s the following:
-from the main menu i open different pages per argument
-in a page i've the same kind of module (mod_news_pro_gk4) rappresented 3 times linked to 3 different K2 categories
-when i click an item in one of these categories the related article opens correctly in an empty page, when i do the same thing in one of the remaining 2 categories the article is opened in the same page mixed in the modules...

I hope i'have been comprehensible.

Where is the problem?

Thank a lot

Fabio
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 pm
P.S.: I've given a look to the database....
MODULES seems to be identical
CATEGORIES seems to be identical
If i copy an article and insert the same article in 2 different categories i've a different view!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:32 am
Hi

Please show me Your site and tell where I can see some examples.

Some idea. Please check if NSP modules on one page got diffrent module id or if it's set to automatic mode.

GK User
Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 am
Thanks for reply!

I'll get the chance to solve all my problems...

1. FIRST PROBLEM - CSS NOT APPLIED CONNECTING FROM A DIFFERENT COMPUTER

You can find the test site at the following address:

89.97.209.182:8888/joomla_1

when you open the home page you will see that the CSS is not applied....
but if you go to

89.97.209.182:8888/joomla_1/index.php

the CSS should apply, but..... if you click on an item in the main menu, the page the appears don't have the css applied...

2. DIFFERENT BEHAVIOUR OF THE SAME MODULE (mod_news_pro_gk4)

When you arrive in the CINEMA page you will see 3 different modules on the left site of the page (mod_news_pro_gk4)
if you click on the items on the middle module (FILM IN SALA) you can see that the article page appear correctly in an empty page, but if you click on the items of both the other modules the article open in the same page mixed up inside the modules...

I made a test... i've copied the article RICCARDO MUTI in two different categories and the behaviour is different so the problem is not in the article.... (see images attached, but you can even test it).

I've opened the database and compared both categories and modules (working and not working) and they seem to be identical...

3. SEVERAL MINUTES BETWEEN CHANGE AND DISPLAY
Every implementation is a "terrible experience" ;-)
Every time i create a new module or i make a changement in the configuration, i've to wait several minutes before the same is visible...
I'm almost sure that at the beginning it was faster.
I've to wait at least 15 minutes, and you can understand that it's insane!!
i've tried to modify the cache time, i've tried to clean cache, to delete cache files but the situation doesn't change.

I've tried to open a different site and i've applied a different template and it is fast at the moment but it's just a "clue" not an "evidence"... ;-)

Thank a lot

Fabio

P.S.: you can find me on SKYPE (fabioeasysoft) if you need other infos
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:14 pm
Hi

I could not see Your site. I assume You are using some local server for this. This could be the problem. I'm just quesing but I helped some people with a problems on XAMP server. Expecaily K2 items in NSPGK4 run bad with this. Can You please put Your site to some online server ?