Error Message - "Menus: Cannot assign default template"

Memovie Joomla Template support forum for Joomla 1.5 only.
GK User
Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:41 pm
I just installed MeMovie. Installation seemed to go well and I like what I see so far, except...

The menu is kindof squished together and somewhat unreadable due to colors, etc. I get the following error message at the bottom of the Tamplate Management screen:

Menu Assignment
Menus: Cannot assign default template.

Anybody know what my problem is? :S

EDIT: Wow...I just loaded my page into Firefox and Chrome and the menu looks much better on both. IE8 is where it doesn't look good. I could still use some input regarding this issue if anybody has any information. :)

Griz
www.grizzledgamer.com
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:09 am
I hate to say this...because I like the Gavick extensions very well and I use a Gavick template for my web site...but I'm very disappointed to have had no response at all to my questions. I've posted three within the past week...one 4 days old and two 6 days old, and I've received no responses to any of them. :S

I believe my questions are legitimate and deal strictly with Gavick products. Even if my questions are deemed somehow inappropriate to answer (which I would find very hard to understand), some sort of quick reply would seem like a basic courtesy to a paying customer.

Griz
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm
Hi

I cannot understand what happened with the menu. The code looks fine to me. Please send me joomla panel access to Your site.

GK User
Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:05 pm
Email sent.

teitbite wrote:
Hi

I cannot understand what happened with the menu. The code looks fine to me. Please send me joomla panel access to Your site.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:51 pm
Hi

Under the address You send me the Joomla installer is being displayed ;/

GK User
Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Crud...just this morning I tried an unsuccessful quickstart installation of the memovie template. So I guess my site will be out of commission until I get it re-installed...hopefully soon. I'll let you know asap. Thanks. :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Hi

Ok. I'll be waiting.