feed

Memovie Joomla Template support forum for Joomla 1.5 only.
GK User
Fri May 07, 2010 2:20 am
How does the feed entries work? I added categories and feeds to it yet it does not work.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 10, 2010 8:40 pm
Sorry I don't understand - can you be a little bit more specific ? Where are you managing your feed entries and what do you want to get as a result ?
Administrator

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 3:24 am
I want users to be able to subscribe to new content added to the site. I assume that's what the feed button is for, but how does it work exactly?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 8:17 am
I think that you should module mod_feed and set address as: http://YOUR_DOMAIN/index.php?format=feed&type=rss
Administrator

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 9:53 pm
Did that and the module is at bottom 16, which brings up an error. However i am talking about the button that says 'feed entries' just above 'new video'. How do i get my feeds to show through there.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 10:55 pm
I found the module and its title is Syndication, however i can't choose which article i want the feed to pull from, or the icon itself dsappears. I don't think it works, plus there i don't see where i can put my url.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 11:04 pm
We're using mod_feed and in this module options you have a parameter to set your feed url.
Administrator

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 11:06 pm
I tired that and got an error message. Also, what is the button named feed entries for?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 11:09 pm
I think that you should module mod_feed and set address as: YOUR_DOMAIN/index.php?format=feed&type=rss

You mean like this? www.soapoperalovers.com/index.php?format=feed&type=rss
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 11, 2010 11:24 pm
yes, but in that case it should be: http://www.soapoperalovers.com/soap/ind ... d&type=rss ;)
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am
Hi, my rss feed doesnt work!

www.stockportinsider.com/index.php?format=feed&type=rss Please help!!!! thanks.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:15 pm
joncrook67 wrote:
Hi, my rss feed doesnt work!

www.stockportinsider.com/index.php?format=feed&type=rss Please help!!!! thanks.

Did you have any article published on frontpage?
If you don't, how can rss publish something?
Platinum Boarder