Contact us! Emailing system problem?

Modern and unique personal portfolio Joomla template ideal for work presentation - support forum.
GK User
Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 am
Hi everyone,

I have got a very interesting question. I have noticed that in the Joomla defauly contact us emailing system, if anyone put an email ID(which is mandatory of-course) with an @ and .com with anything it still sends and email to me. For example if anyone put [email protected] as an email it should come back an error message saying the email is incorrect! Where as it still sends an email? I have tried with different email ids like [email protected] or [email protected], it still sends email? Can someone please explain this and tell me what do I have to do to make it perfect?

Thanks again.
Senior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 am
Hi,
it is probably related with default validation Joomla rules and some regular expression. Please ask on forum joomla community.

teitbite
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 am
Hi

Script is only checking if @ and . are in proper places, but I think You are talking about hundreds of mails being send to You from strange mails. I advice to use reCaptcha to make it harder for bots to fill the contact us form.