Upgrade to 2.5.9 and Jomsocial 2.8.0 now bad template errors

Community fouces Joomla template to build a music magazine website with JomSocial support.
GK User
Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 pm
Greetings:

internationalkirtan.com is having a template issue after upgrading to 2.5.9 and Jomsocial 2.8.0

can you please take a quick look and let me know if there's any fix for this that you've figured out?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:46 pm
Hi

please add this to css:

Code: Select all
.clear {
    clear: both !important;
    font-size: inherit !important;
    height: inherit !important;
    line-height: inherit !important;
}

GK User
Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:48 am
I added to template.css, but it didn't change anything.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:38 pm
Hi

I do not see this code in template.css file. But looks like files are compressed, so it's probably still usin old code. Please disable it to check.

GK User
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 am
I just turned every compression plugin I use and then cleared the cache...

the site is hosted in the cloud so sometimes there is a delay in updated those files, but I ran the cron so it cleared the cache, and still it looks all crunched up...
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm
Hi

Ok. Something is definetly wrong, becuase still my code is not there. I do not think it got updated or code is copied in wrong place. Try reinstall joomla/joomsocial/template just to be sure it's not because broken files and send me an ftp and joomla panel access to Your site.

teitbite
Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 am
Hi

Ok. I could not seen the code, becuase it was compressed and my browser was not loading the latest version of the package. Anyway I see that my code will not help, becuase the override from the module which is breaking it is being loaded after my code and override it again. Please edit file /components/com_community/assets/modules/module.css and remove code starting in line 657

Code: Select all
.clear {
    clear: both;
    font-size: 0 !important;
    height: 0 !important;
    line-height: 0 !important;
}

try it with and without the part of the code I gave You already.