Virtual Memory Problem

Demonstrate your product attractively using clean and distinctive coffe shop Joomla template.
GK User
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am
I have been experiencing virtual memory problems on my website built on the Coffe template.

My hosting company have told me that they restarted the virtual memory to resolve the problem but that it may re-occur. Their message below:

"Your virtual memory usage has been restarted. However it was high because of some bad code or plugin.

Please note that this can occur again unless you will be able to fix problem with your website/plugin."

As I have not added/ changed any code personally or added any plugins I assume that this must be an issue with the Coffe template itself.

Any ideas? I have no clue as to what would impact virtual memory in this way.

Any thoughts welcome.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:14 pm
Hi

I do not think it's a matter of template, because than this thread wouldn't be the only report of such behaviour :)

I think the reason could be in virtuemart. How many products do You have per category ? Do You have a cache enabled ?

GK User
Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:01 am
Hi Teibite,

Thanks for the response.

My site is new and at the moment only has approximately 10 or 12 articles as content. Other than that I have put my own pictures in the slideshow and customised the menu but done little else.

Cache is enabled on the site. I don't think I know what virtuemart is?

My ISP restarted Virtual Memory. It was OK for a day but then overnight both VM and CPU were up to the maximum allowed. The following message was shown on the resource monitor:

"CPU resources were limited for your site

Virtual memory resources were limited for your site

You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 112 times"

I have asked someone to check out the code but it is quite perplexing as nothing has been changed here as far as I know.

Regards,

Geoff
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:03 am
Hi

Ok. Please show me Your site and tell me Your server configuration. I'll check what can be wrong.