Your Shop Module Suffix and Menu Extension

Ecommerce design Joomla template to start your online business with VirtueMart and additional eshop features.
GK User
Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:30 am
Nice job with your shop I really like the module variations but it default and "clean" only seem to work for me. Well, actually they all behave like clean. Exactly how should I be entering in these variations to the module suffix? For example "CLEAN" "clean" or "_clean" "_CLEAN". It's not necessary to initiate quickstart in order to get these variations is it?

I've also increased the width of my template to 1000px (+90px) via the backend but the image for the top menu bar does not extend. What do I need to do to fill in the gap?

Thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:20 am
Hi

About module suffix, you need to add space, like this "[space]clean"

The second issue, we need to improve this (on next update, we probably will).
But for now, you can use up to 1020px width by changing this lines on respective files:

template.css

find
Code: Select all
#gk-mainnav > div.gk-menu > ul { background: transparent url('../images/style1/menu_bg.png') no-repeat left bottom; height: 43px; margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 100%; }

replace with

#gk-mainnav > div.gk-menu > ul { background: transparent url('../images/style1/menu_bg.png') no-repeat right bottom; height: 43px; margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 100%; }

style1.css

find
#gk-mainnav > div.gk-menu > ul { background: transparent url('../images/style1/menu_bg.png') no-repeat left bottom; }

change to

#gk-mainnav > div.gk-menu > ul { background: transparent url('../images/style1/menu_bg.png') no-repeat right bottom; }

Do you see where's the change? on background floating position (change from left to right).
Do the same on style2.css and style3.css

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 am
Very nice indeed. The suffixes, of course, worked once I entered them correctly unfortunately as for the menu it's fixed partially. The gap is filled and it's in one piece except it's still short just now the short end is on the left. The picture displays what the menu looks like in an undisturbed state and what it looks like during mouseover.

I have a lot of work that still needs doing for my site before I go 100% live so if this is going to cause too much trouble I don't mind waiting for that patch as long as you foresee it coming out in the next few weeks. What's more important is that menu functionality and I'm going to check that post right now.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:29 pm
Hi

Can I please see Your site.

GK User
Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:29 am
I have same problem with width.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:12 am
You get the same problem with [space]color even if the module width is larger then 900px.
Maybe a small update to fix these small css problems?

Btw, why isn't a subforum created for Yourshop yet?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:19 pm
YourShop is great!

but, the K2 listing on the frontpage is nice, with only image and productname (pluss price)

I need to add some numbers to visible letters in the heading for that listing, lets say I write a heading called BANANARAMA , the last 3 letters are removed.

Where do I change that config? in the K2 shop ?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:06 pm
If you want to use your shop with dimensions greater than 910 you'll have gaps in the menu bar. If you want to fill in that gap you'll need to replace menu_bg.png in the style folder of your choosing.

Located:
/templates/gk_yourshop/images/style1,2,3

What I did was I reverted back to the original code ignoring the workaround posted earlier in this forum. I then increased the menu_bg.png image from 965x86 to 1000x86. If you look at the image you'll see that it has a line down the middle. I didn't bother to even it out I just added the continuation to the right side. However, I changed the template back to 910 and didn't have an issue.

You'll need to change the name of the files to the appropriately before uploading.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:13 pm
of course, I found it after some digging through the positions.. :blush:
Senior Boarder