Where is a Register option for users?

Ecommerce design Joomla template to start your online business with VirtueMart and additional eshop features.
GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:19 pm
Hello, I downloaded yourShop. It's still not working due to a messed layout but i hope it could be fixed soon. But, I'm also wondering where the Register option for a user could be there as I could see the login but it seems there is no any form for a registration.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm
Hi,
you can add Registration item to any menu.
This template was build for shop (long time ago in November 2010).
People often don't care about registration they want to buy ... and because we use VM it will start registration process when somebody put something to basket.

p.s.
Check log-in module, probably you can add this link from back-end if not you can always insert one line of code to it.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:21 am
Thank you, Pawel. I'll figure it out later. Once there is a possibility to do it then it's Ok. Yes, it should be logical that once there is a login then there should be a registration somewhere.
I know this is an old template but I like it.
I've just signed up for the membership and while the registration form on the template could be important it's not that critical for me for now. What is really critical is to have the 2.5 template appearance as it's shown in a Demo and what I could have for the 1.5 version. I did submit a ticket for it and I got a response from Paulina to post in the Forum regarding this that I did but there is no any reply on it.
Could you please take a look at my another post that is "YourShop 2.5 problem" that is a real critical problem for me for now?

Thanks,

Alex
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:12 pm
Adding registration button to your default module is very easy.
I have checked this file: templates/gk_yourshop/html/mod_login/default.php

There is a condition if:
Code: Select all
     <?php
      $usersConfig = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users');
      if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
            <li><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=registration'); ?>">
                  <?php echo JText::_('MOD_LOGIN_REGISTER'); ?></a></li>
            <?php endif; ?>

So if you have in J2.5 registration enabled you should see registration link!

Of course you can modify it a little bit to only this:
Code: Select all

<li><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=registration'); ?>">
 <?php echo JText::_('MOD_LOGIN_REGISTER'); ?></a></li>

Then you will always see registration link!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:24 pm
p.s.
Could you please take a look at my another post that is "YourShop 2.5 problem" that is a real critical problem for me for now?

Alex, sure check it out -> https://www.gavick.com/forums/yourshop/ ... 96#p118596
Platinum Boarder