Add SKU to product category

Ecommerce design Joomla template to start your online business with VirtueMart and additional eshop features.
GK User
Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:01 pm
I asked in the Virtuemart forum but honestly I never get an answer there so I though I would ask the great code masters here for help.

After doing some research on this I found this code that does work in showing the SKU on the product catgeory page:

Code: Select all
<?php // Product Sku
echo JHTML::link ( JRoute::_ ( 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=' .$product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id=' .$product->virtuemart_category_id ), $product->product_sku, array ('title' => $product->product_sku ) ); ?>

The problem I have is I need it to show the title description ( SKU 933402) and I would like this number to not be linked to the product page. I can see the code that controls this but I am not a PHP guy so I am not sure how to make the right edits to make this work and it is driving me nuts!

Could someone give me the direction I need to make this work.. PLEASE??
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:24 am
Hi

I'm not sure if I understand but You should try to change it to:

Code: Select all
echo $product->product_sku;

GK User
Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:22 am
Thanks, if I put it in like this it works...

SKU <?php echo $product->product_sku; ?>

Is that formed right not to cause problems?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:04 pm
Hi

No. This is just a simple code which is displaying a portion of text. Nothing to worry about.

GK User
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 pm
Thanks so much teitbite,

You saved me a ton of time with this one. I found the same question answered in the VM forum by one of the developers but his solution had a typo and is why it did not work.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:46 pm
Hi

Glad I could help.

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 pm
What page do you put that code in?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:04 pm
Hi

Sorry. This thread is too old to remember. Please show me the page You are trying to apply this fix and maybe than I'll recall.

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:34 pm
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 am
Hi

Ok. Looking at this I would guess that a file You are looking for is in /html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php but I may be wrong to the file, anyway folder is good for sure.