No possibility to order new articles by hits?

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:16 pm
Hello everybody.

I found one weird drawback of Sporter template, exactly News Show Pro GK4. Weird because I did not found anybody discussing about that on this forum, not one topic about that, and I think it is very important for every news portal.

It is an impossibility to order newer articles (not older than 24h or 48h) by hits (most popular). Indeed there is option in GK4 to order articles by hits (to make list of most popular) but in that case - all news (articles) from whole history of that portal are included. - I guess nobody wants to read news with a huge number of hits - but 1 month old.

I think "Most popular" is important part of every news portal, and limiting showing fresh news is too. So I think this option ordering by hits news not older (for example) than 24/48 hours is "must have".

Maybe I just can not find that option, but I surely doubt.

So, please, I appreciate every your answer and help!

Sincerely,

Ignotus
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:46 pm
Hi

Indeed NSPGK4 doesn't have such option. Please use GK5 module instead, here You will find an option "Show article created in last X days" for such behaviour.

GK User
Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:32 pm
Thank you for confirming my doubts.

I done as you suggest me, I installed News Show Pro GK5, but new problems have arrived with that.

In Standard Mode of this module I tried to order news no older than 2 days by hits, in 3 columns on my front page, but news always stay ordered in 3 rows. No difference if I choose 3 rows, or 3 columns in backend, it always order them in 3 rows! And if I choose 3 rows and 3 columns at the same time, it orders them in 9 rows. - Seems look it is looking both - rows and columns - as rows. Wierd.

There is no trick to see more than one column with this module for me.

Please give some advices how to make this working.. OR..

Maybe I would like to continue to use good old GK4 instead of buggy GK5 - if you can give me source code how to limit showing news not older than X days in GK4.

Please give me some suggestions. I will appreciate that.

Sincerely,

Ignotus
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:10 pm
Hi

I cannot give You the code for modification to GK4, we do not support such customizations, but if You will send me joomla panel access and ftp access I'll take a look at GK5 problem and will try to fix it.

GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:36 pm
Hello.

You have PM.

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm
Hi

Module CSS was disabled so there were no code to show it in more than one column. I've enabled it in module advanced settings and now it works ok.

GK User
Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:39 pm
Please, you just made nspgk5 showing in 3 columns. Not think enabling it - caused not working ANY of nspgk4 on my website is important too?? Taking aside that gk5 looks very bad with that huge letters in title.... it is not even similar to modules I told I want to look like. I am not sure if you want just to take me off your back, or kidding me..

Or I have to make a new threads for those issues now, and wait 3 more days for your response?

Sincerely,

Ignotus
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 pm
Hi

Sorry for delay. I have a wife in hospital and could didn't had much time recently. I'm not trying to get rid of You :) I just thought that You are looking for a way to make 3 columns. Sorry, I haven't noticed that rest of modules are not visible, was too focused on the 3 columns problem.

There is couple of fixed You should add to override.css, remember to enable using override in template settings.

Code: Select all
.nspList, .nspArtPage {
    opacity: 1 !important;
}

.nspArt h4.nspHeader {
    font-size: 100% !important;
    margin: 0 0 6px !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
}

GK User
Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:12 pm
Thank you.

Everything is ok now. Hope your wife is okay.

Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,

Ignotus
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:36 pm
Hi

Thank You. My wife is still in hospital, but everything seams fine. Just need to be under extra care till the end of pregnancy, so not longer than 2 weeks from now :)

Glad I could help.