post icom

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:41 pm
hi!
Please help me for this!
If i post my link of my site at facebook the icon is a google chrome icon. Can i change this?
please check the screenshot
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:20 am
pkpanos wrote:hi!
Please help me for this!
If i post my link of my site at facebook the icon is a google chrome icon. Can i change this?
please check the screenshot

Hi,

You seem to have that problem only with the homepage where no og:image tag is set, did you try setting one specifying a default image to share on social networks?

Refering to your source code, your facebook id is also missing and is set to ""..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 pm
How can i change the default icon?
I have a facebook id for the "facebook login". It must put it there? How do I put in the source code?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:45 pm
pkpanos wrote:How can i change the default icon?
I have a facebook id for the "facebook login". It must put it there? How do I put in the source code?

Hi,

No, the Facebook APP ID has nothing to do with your Facebook Login, you usually can set it in the templates' management from the "extensions" menu on top of your backend, you need to create an Application for your facebook's fan page here https://developers.facebook.com/apps then get the application ID and use it in your template..

Regarding the og:image are you using any open graph plugins?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am
Please check the sreenshot!
What information should I put on the fan page id and why there should be this?
for the facebook login does not need to add another meta tag;
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:05 am
screenshot*
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am
pkpanos wrote:screenshot*

Hi,

If you're willing to offer your users the possibility to login using their facebook account into your website, you should check the "Website with Facebook login" and save the application, you also need to follow FB instructions to create and validate your application in order to get an application ID, that is what is needed to be set in the template's config fb's application id and in any other module related to FB.

Use this tool to have an idea of how FB sees your page: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug, if Facebook cannot get the infos they need from your page, they can't then handle your site details correctly.

You probably should highlight a forum moderator, they probably need to walk in and get to fix your problems for you if you can't sort it out yourself :)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:09 pm
On this Gavick forum? I cant myself and i have many problems for my post on facebook! like warnings e.t.c
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:40 pm
pkpanos wrote:On this Gavick forum? I cant myself and i have many problems for my post on facebook! like warnings e.t.c

Yes, in this forum, just be patient and wait for a moderator to step in..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm
Ok, im waitting for this!! Any help somebody?
Gold Boarder