Stationary background

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:32 pm
Hello to all,

I am building a website using Gk- Sporter and would like to make the background picture stationary. Will you please be able to let me know, how can I make my website content scroll while background stays in place.

Here is the link of the website:
http://www.vapethisba.com/

Thank you for your help
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 am
Hi

Please add this code to css:

Code: Select all
body > .bg {
    background: url("../images/style1/bg_image.jpg") no-repeat fixed center 0 transparent;
}

GK User
Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 pm
I added the code you provided to template.css and is not working for some reason :(
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:42 pm
Hi

It's not working because style1.css file is being loaded before template.css and old background code was in use, You can move this code to override.css which is loaded as last or simply use !important rule to make new code prior:

Code: Select all
body > .bg {
    background: url("../images/style1/bg_image.jpg") no-repeat fixed center 0 transparent !important;
}

GK User
Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:30 pm
Great, thank you so much. It works!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 pm
Teitbite,

I also noticed my background picture is stretched out, and it doesn't look good as original one I updated. Is there a way to post the background picture and avoid stretching?

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 am
Hi

There is no code to stretch background anywhere. Here is an image I've downloaded from Your site:

GK User
Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:47 am
Ok, I see. Picture is not sharp enough and that is why it looks stretched to me. Sorry I bothered you man, I should know that!

Thank you for your time!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:48 am
Hi

Not a problem at all. Try using a png format it's the sharpest I know.