Sporter image GK4 thumbs

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 am
Hi..
How can I make the Latest Features in the header1 position show thumbnails instead of text??? There is no help PDF file for this that I can find... frustrating...
tanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:47 pm
Unfortunately it is a complex custom work which is beyond our support, because it needs a lot of changes in the gk_sporter style for the Image Show GK4 module. As I wrote in your other topic - if you need small thumbnails and one big image then you can use the gk_eSport style.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:39 pm
thanks i will try... i am simply trying to make this 2.5 version look identical to 1.5 which is now HISTORY...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:55 pm
and if i may say so, the fact that you are unable to continue the design of the original template is unacceptable in my opinion.

You say it is beyond your support...well Gavick was the one that put this design and feature into the template in the first place. it was there. it was not something that i asked for. i bought the template and YOU decided not to include it into the new version of joomla... so this is YOUR responsibility and you FAIL miserably with your support for this software.....

giving the excuse it is custom work is bullshit... IT IS GAVICK'S TEMPLATE... HE IS RESPONSIBLE for it.

As you wrote in the other topic - if you need small thumbnails and one big image then you can you the gk_eSport style...

GUESS WHAT??? THIS USED TO BE A FEATURE ON THE SPORTER TEMPLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 pm
dziudek wrote:Unfortunately it is a complex custom work which is beyond our support, because it needs a lot of changes in the gk_sporter style for the Image Show GK4 module. As I wrote in your other topic - if you need small thumbnails and one big image then you can use the gk_eSport style.

eSPORT sucks bubbles.... it is shit... bring back the original SPORTER...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 pm
Probably you don't understand one fact - the Sporter template uses one specific theme for the Image Show GK4 module - the change which you have suggested isn't an easy change like changing the module design - this change needs a deeper interference inside the module style code - it needs additional code for creating small thumbnails, displaying it and prepare proper JavaScript behaviours for it. It is like buying the BMW and then asking to transform it to Mercedes.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:20 pm
one thing you OBVIOUSLY don't understand is that SPORTER originally supported multiple thumbnails on the bottom and/or on the side.... NOW IT DOESN'T... that is not my fault.

GAVICK WROTE THE CODE FOR IT or SOMEONE WORKING FOR HIM DID...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 pm
we pay money for these templates so you are PAID to write the code for this... appears that GAVICK simply pockets the money and gives ZERO support....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:58 pm
I've installed the J!1.5 quickstart of the Sporter template.

Please look at the attached picture.

Could you tell me where do you see the small thumbnails in the Photoslide GK3 module? (it is in the red bordered block).
Administrator

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:49 pm
http://www.cslphotos.com this is not my main site(which is not trashed and deleted account trying to upgrade to 2.5) but it is very similar......

On my main site is now just a SPORTER default that I must rebuilt however at present i will consider other options(not GAVICK) to replace it....

the thumbnails on it were symmetrical and filled the space to the bottom of the module... ...

please tell me how to replicate this look with your latest SPORTER.... not eSPort....

also, hackers come to this forum ...my Gavick template get attacked regularly after i post a link to them on this website...but that's not your issue..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:31 pm
Not seeing the Joomla 1.5 version download link anywhere...

BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REVERT TO USING 1.5... there should be NO DIFFERENCE in the 1.5 and 2.5 version...

Except someone is too lazy to keep the code up-to-date to make it work in spite of taking our money for subscription and access to templates....

technically speaking... the Sporter 2.5 template is not updated and is but a ghost of what the original version was...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:02 pm
[quote="nsvr6"]Not seeing the Joomla 1.5 version download link anywhere...

i found the 1.5 but it is not listed on the main SPORTER download page

new customers to the template don't know what they don't know....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:44 pm
here are the thumbs that you could display using Sporter 1.5 that is NOT available in the latest and greatest from GAVICK... but used to be...

Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:59 pm
How can you be an Administrator when you don't even know about this SPORTER feature?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 am
You have to know one fact - I've perfectly know this template, because I've created it, but you don't know that the mentioned style is a style not connected with the Sporter template.

The old Image Show module have contained 3 addtional styles, but since Image Show GK4 these styles are not included, because it is containing only the template built-in styles.

And the most important fact - these 3 old styles wasn't part of the Sporter template.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 pm
This template was produced from GAVICK products... you are responsible to keep updated. It's a Gavick product. Rationalize your excuse anyway you want. It's your responsibility to keep it up.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:53 pm
http://www.gavick.com/forums/photoslide ... 12723.html

If you look at some of the links... it is CLEAR the photo slide is a GK product... Nothing custom about it...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm
The module and the mentioned style for this module was released as a free extension - and we can change its functionality, because mentioned style wasn't the integral part of any template. And that's all in this topic - EOT.
Administrator