override.css help to change template

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:42 pm
Hello

I'd change two things in my template, to avoid changing every 5 minutes changes, we must use the override.css

but I do not know how!

here's what I'd do:

- Change the template part with a background color or image

the area below the menu
- Change the menu by the latter

a menu of this type
thank you for your support, my template is the template from Gavick Sporter, version 2.5.6 joomla test site or is to modify the template here.

cordially

I succeeds in version 1.5 template http://www.modemradio.fr but I'm completely lost, that's why I need you.

thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 am
override.css is a CSS file where you can include you custom CSS rules. Then you just need to enable 'Use override CSS' option under template advanced settings to see changes. The override.css file you will find in root/templates/template_name/css/override.css.

If you want to change the menu layout you need to merge this two templates but this is not so easy to copy one styles into another template. My advise is to use Firebug and step by step add custom styling to existing menu.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm
hello

ok this is too complicated for the menu, otherwise I will for this one,

by cons, can you help me to create the file override.css,
I can not find the same change in the template in the template 1.5 and 2.5

I can not in version 2.5 of the template to place a background image (not a module) or color, just above the menu?

can you help me

thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 am
Templates for J!1.5 and J!2.5 are totally different in code structure. Please use Firebug tool to check code which you want to override.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 pm
Hello

I can ask you, because I already look with firebug and I do not see it or find it and what is the code to place in the file override.css to realize this?

thank you in advance
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:56 pm
To set background for template you need to use body tag, with code like below:

Code: Select all
body {background: #000 }

which change background color to black, the #000 value you can change to any you want to.
Platinum Boarder