News Pro GK4

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 pm
Hi Guys,

Sorry for posting this here.
I just want to inform you about some bugs in the News Pro GK4 v3.3.7.1 for Joomla 3.x - on 12th of May you fixed other major bugs with it (when selecting K2 Category for "Source" it was giving the "Error: 1064" error).

Now the remaining bugs are again with K2:

1. If you select "FrontPage Items Only" and some specific K2 Categories (or even "All K2 Categories") it does not show all items. In my case I have 5 Featured/Frontpage Items and the Module shows only 1. If I edit this K2 Item that currently is shown and make it NOT Featured, then I get the "Error: 1064" again.

2. If you select "K2 Tags" for Source the Module still behaves the same way - I have more than 10 Items with tag "Joomla" but if I select it I see only one item. If I select another Tag, I get the Error: 1064.

Guys, this is not a misconfiguration issue on my end. I'm also developing Joomla Templates and I sell them on Themeforest. I spent 3 days in troubleshooting the problem and making sure it is not something on my end that I'm missing :)

P.S. If you want delete this topic but please pay attention to the above bugs. Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 am
Please try with the latest version from repository, I've added there small fix for SQL queries (time to date format),maybe this resolve this problems >> https://github.com/GavickPro/News-Show-Pro-GK5/tree/J!3.0_compatible please just click on "zip" button. You can also add issues to GitHub after module tests.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 9:58 am
Thanks for your quick reply bkrztuk :)
Unfortunately, I need the News Pro GK4 and the link you sent me is for New Pro GK5.
Is there any chance of fixing the issues in News Pro GK4?

The reason I need News Pro GK4 is that I developed a Joomla 2.5 template with GK4 and now I am making the Joomla 3.x version of this template ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 pm
Looks like they stopped supporting GK4 version of the module, would like to debug the issue if you could give me your site info.
Platinum Boarder