Suffix Help

Elegant Joomla template designed especially for both professional and personal website presentation.
GK User
Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:13 am
Is there any way to specify the suffix "clean" or " clear" for an article? Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm
An answer would be nice...? yes/no?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:44 pm
Hi

Suffix's are not for articles but for modules.
You can see the available modules suffix's for PostNote template and their respective demonstration in this demo page.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 am
Hi

I believe the "page class suffix" will do the trick.

GK User
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am
So if I put say " clear" in the page class on the menu link settings... it will use the styling of that suffix?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 am
Hi

No. " clear" is working with modules only, but if You need to customize single menu item, than class suffix is also great, but You will have to add Your own style to css than.

GK User
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:02 am
Thanks for replying to my question.

I notice in some templates like Boutique… not all the module positions will accept the “ clear” suffix… how come? If I want to have specific module to be able to be clear or whatever suffix I want… how do I force it to?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:26 pm
Hi

Can You please show me an example of such module ? There are design parts of templates where such suffix used can mess with layout, but I want to check if this is the case.

GK User
Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm
I took the site down as I am building it... it was just a custom HTML module of an image... instead of being clear which is how I want it - hence the suffix used, it had a white background... the module position was: top

I did put the suffix clear correctly as I am experienced with your templates.
The image was nothing that would mess up the layout.
The template was boutique.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:21 am
Hi

Ok. Just let me know when I'll be able to see it online.

GK User
Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 am
I used a module that does take the clear suffix... but can you tell me in general... how do I force a module position to take a specific suffix or create my own and apply it to a module position? you probably dont need to see a site to answer that...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:29 pm
Hi

Not all module positions are designed to use suffixes, but the one that does can be handle easily with adding the css class with just a suffix. For example changing the font size for suffix "_biggerfont":

Code: Select all
.moduletable_biggerfont { font-size:20px; }

or

Code: Select all
.biggerfont { font-size:20px; }
for suffix " biggerfont".

The first will remove all styles and add the fontsize only and the second will keep the style and change the font size. This one is an example there is no biggerfont suffix in styles, but You can create it.