Cannot get postnote for 2.5 to look like 1.6

Elegant Joomla template designed especially for both professional and personal website presentation.
GK User
Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm
I'm upgrading my website at http://www.sabraso.be/ to 2.5 at http://www.sabraso.be/sabraso3/.

I have bought the postnote template for 2.5 and am trying to make it look like my old website. I've put many hours in but haven't yet found a way to do so.

Issues at stake:

(mind you, I do want the picture and green box to be in the middle now)

- borders around the leftmost (top1) and rightmost (top6) boxes won't disappear. In the settings, I have no padding and I even set the exact dimensions of the thumbnails to match the old site.
- width of green box and picture box don't match, even though they're both in position top3
- bottom box (top7) is not as wide as the above bunch
- in addition, I'd like the empty space above the menu to be less

Can anyone help me or at least give me an indication as to where to look?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 pm
Hi

I'll help You, but please let me know how did You managed to make it till now. Did You use a copy of the site or making it from scratch ? It's important, becuase I can see module class suffix missing between this two sites. The most important sfx is " clear". Please try adding it to modules You would like to remove padding around.

GK User
Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:38 pm
Hi

Thank you for offering your help.

I have constructed something that looks better now, on: http://www.sabraso.be/sabraso2/

I have set the " clear" suffixes now and that seems to help a treat with positioning.

However, the problem with the padding still remains. I can remove all padding, but then the text sticks to the sides of the notes. And if I don't remove the padding, well there are ugly borders around my pictures.

And then there's the weird problem with the menu: whenever a menu has been open, the area it occupied will trigger the menu to open again. Any idea?

P.S. If your experience with this forum is the same as for me (i.e. up to 3 or more minutes to load a page), I'll be happy to continue this conversation through e-mail: [email protected].

Best regards,

Sander
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:59 am
Hi

Forum works fine for me ;/

Try add this code. It will be for Your case only and it's one of possible solutions:

Code: Select all
.clear .nspArt div {
    padding: 0;
}

.clear .nspArt .fleft {
    float: none;
}

.clear .nspArt h4.nspHeader,
.clear .nspArt p.nspText {
    padding: 0 10px;
}

GK User
Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:06 am
Hey

Thanks for your reply. I didn't get an e-mail notification so sorry for my late reaction. I've put the code in now, and it seems to work for the polaroids on either side. Now I need my font to be a bit bolder too, which handle should I operate?

And finally, the bottom item (top7) should be stretched over the entire width.

/S
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 am
I'm also struggling to make the text in the postits look the same as in the old site. And somehow, the picture of the first postit is bigger than the other. None of them match the size set in the Template manager. (228x225px)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:44 pm
Seems I've solved some of the problems. But the thumbnails still show little borders, and I don't know which class to change in order to make the top7 message full width.

Also I want to reduce the empty space above the entire page. Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 pm
Hi

Try this for image borders:

.nspArt img.nspImage {
    width: 100% !important;
}

To reduce top gap try this:

#gkToolbarWrap {
    padding: 15px 0 0;
}

For top7 full width:

#gkToptop7 .box {
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
}

GK User
Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:33 pm
Thank you!

Almost everything is in place now. Just these last two issues:

1) Is it possible to have the text in the post it notes limited to three lines, regardless of how many characters or words there are?

2) try to navigate to menu item "Activiteiten" > "Sociaal" > "3de jaar". You will notice that as you get to the third item there, you actually the submenu of another item in "Activiteiten". This seems to be a bug in the code of the menu. Can you help?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:06 pm
Hi

1. Theoretically You can set the line height and than set a height for post text layer to display only couple of them. But this will not look good if there will be less text than 3 lines.

2. Try add this to css:

.childcontent:hover {
z-index: 10000;
}

GK User
Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:18 pm
Thanks again for your help. However, the menu problem still exists.

Another thing just popped up: I added an extra item to the second feature on my page, but the arrows and pagination show up at a rather silly position (and untranslated). I'd like to have them in the bottom right corner.

I've tried:

.nspTopInterface {
bottom: 0px !important;
right: 0px !important;
}

but without success.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:41 am
Hi

To move pagination button please add this code to css:

.nspTopInterface {
    bottom: 15px;
    right: 7px;
    top: auto;
}

about menu I cannot see my code in any of the files, try adding it to override.css, but remember that override needs to be enabled in case to use this code. Also try more accurate selector:

div.gk-menu > ul.level0 > li > .childcontent:hover {
    z-index: 10000;
}

GK User
Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:44 am
Hi,

Have put the pagination in the top now. How about translation?

Still no luck with the menu, the code is definitely in there but it still behaves the same way.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:21 am
Woops, adding !important to the lines did it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 am
Woops, adding !important to the lines did it. Thank you for all your help, I think I'm fine so far.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:22 am
Hi

Translations can be find in news show pro's module language file You can find in /languages folder on root joomla directory.