template settings sliding and collapsing

Elegant Joomla template designed especially for both professional and personal website presentation.
GK User
Wed May 09, 2012 9:17 pm
Technically not a PostNote issue, I don't know where else to put this. (I am a PostNote user.)

How can I disable the propensity of the settings to slide out on hover? And perhaps disable the collapsing nature of the sections?

Both of these pieces of "eye candy" conspire to make the template configuration extraordinarily hard to use. The problems become very awkward on 1024x768 monitors, where not only do you have to deal with the slider covering most of the widow, but the collapsing makes stuff disappear! Scroll...scrolll... scroll... For example e.g. open from Social API and then click on the Advanced - the panel just disappears, until you realise you have to scroll up.

And then all the while, when you trigger a "slide out", the vertical spacing changes so it's like playing a game of "wack-a-mole."

I would rather the slide effect be disabled. And the collapse function as well. Once expanded, I would like to see it just stay there.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 11, 2012 1:03 am
Hi,

Sometimes I feel the same that it's pretty annoying, if you want to disable it, there is only way that is to remove the code making the effect, I will request our development team to improve this as well that there may be some option to whether use that feature or not.

Now find file: \templates\gk_esport\admin\scripts.js

Find this code to remove:
Code: Select all
if(baseW < minW) {
      $$('div[id^="template-sliders-"]')[0].setStyles({
         "position": "absolute",
         "background": "white",
         "width": baseW + "px",
         "-webkit-box-shadow": "-8px 0 15px #eee",
         "-moz-box-shadow": "-8px 0 15px #eee",
         "box-shadow": "-8px 0 15px #eee"
      });

var WidthFX = new Fx.Morph($$('div[id^="template-sliders-"]')[0], {duration: 150});

$$('div[id^="template-sliders-"]')[0].addEvent('mouseenter', function() {
         WidthFX.start({
            'width': minW,
            'margin-left': (-1 * (minW - baseW))
         });
      });

$$('div[id^="template-sliders-"]')[0].addEvent('mouseleave', function() {
         WidthFX.start({
            'width': baseW,
            'margin-left': 0
         });
      });
   }

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri May 11, 2012 3:59 am
That got rid of the sliding in and out, definitely much more usable now. Thanks! Would love to see that feature be an option in future versions.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 11, 2012 2:16 pm
A developer has just said to me that he had a solution for that issue already and would add for next version of all templates.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 17, 2012 2:27 am
thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 17, 2012 1:59 pm
You are welcome, don't hesitate to let me know if you need any other helps.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:53 am
Hi,

This bug is fixed now please upgrade your template to the latest version to get it.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder