Still no documentation availlable???

Elegant Joomla template designed especially for both professional and personal website presentation.
GK User
Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:39 pm
When I unpacked the postnote template package, I was a bit surprised, that there is not a single piece of documentation. Yes, there is a quickstart package - but that does not really help me. And apparently the issue of a lack of documentation existed already in 2011.

Okay, I'm a beginner with Joomla!, that's why i choose for a template with a quickstart option. But this template is too complicated to sell it without documentation. For 99 EUR I expect a bit more maintenance.

Btw, it defintely does not help, that each artcile / module / whatever is filled with the same bloody blind text. When haggling around in the quickstart installation, you cannot find out if you are even on the right object you want to change, because it is always Lorem Ipsum. I even dod not found out where i can exchange the site's logo. .... it is not in the media manager, and there is no module or whatever called 'logo' or similar. :sick:

Honestly, it is a mess.

Please Help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:24 pm
Hi

All our support documentation is available online at https://www.gavick.com/documentation/

My suggestion is to search first our wiki the solution for your problem and if you are joomla beginner, i also recommend that you install a local server (like for example: XAMPP server), install the quickstart package and make all the necessary tests to take acquaintance and experience on handling joomla and our extensions.

For example, here's how you can install the quickstart package.

One thing is how to explain or provide support on our extensions and template parameters, other thing is to understand how joomla works, what is module positions, modules assignments and so on... that's learning joomla.

Anyway, our team is always available to help you.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:31 am
Anton.Koch wrote:...there is not a single piece of documentation. Yes, there is a quickstart package - but that does not really help me. And apparently the issue of a lack of documentation existed already in 2011.

Okay, I'm a beginner with Joomla!, that's why i choose for a template with a quickstart option. But this template is too complicated to sell it without documentation. For 99 EUR I expect a bit more maintenance.

Btw, it defintely does not help, that each artcile / module / whatever is filled with the same bloody blind text. When haggling around in the quickstart installation, you cannot find out if you are even on the right object you want to change, because it is always Lorem Ipsum. ...

Thanks Anton - I feel the same way. Although I'm an experienced noncloud-software developer for over 20 years I'm also struggling since weeks with the structure and content and metacontent and whatnot. Since I didn't wanted to invest month of learning I was highly delighted first, when I discovered GavickPros very nice Quickpackages. Yeah - quickstart installation was ok. But immediately after that I was missing the leading hand to help me through the jungle at least for the first mile.

I've read the all the existing documentation on GavickPro but as a noobie I couldn't find a way to bring it all together as a steady learning curve. I felt that here is a great colored mixture of multilevel information I cannot use, because there is so much you dont't know how this works all together.

What I need is something like a BLOCK-DIAGRAM like the guys in the electronics department have. Of course I don't need to see everything from what's under the hood of Joomla. But I desperatly need a way to find a way to get a grip on that template thing.

I think it would be a good idea if GavickPro could help us with a "best practices method" for the first steps.
Something like "At first you unpublish all sample articles. Then you create 3 own categories. Then you write 5 articles with your own short testtext. Then you ...."

In the meantime maybe you could help yourself a bit with this http://cocoate.com/2012/02/joomla-25-beginners-guide . They have the document in all languages. Especially the chapter 7 (about categories) and chapter 10 (about templates) helped a lot to get a hand on that equipment.

I think GavickPro could get a lot more new customers, if there would be a small handout like "GavickPro Template book for dummies".
Fresh Boarder