Mobile version & default on mobile

Elegant Joomla template designed especially for both professional and personal website presentation.
GK User
Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm
I have updated to the latest version of Postnote (v2.0) and the iPhone version is still not switching to desktop version when clicking the switch icon.
ALSO
In my efforts to avoid this i set the iPhone version to default in the template params and to my surprise the main menu doesnt show correctly on iPhone (this could be the same on tablet and android but i dont have them to test). It shows only text.

If you want to preview this effect on my site go to http://cts.flux3.com

If i must endure another template update, that will be another few hours of replacing css and images afterwards so please be more in depth in your template testing before releases
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:06 pm
forgot to mention, this is on J! 1.7
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:52 pm
did someone ever get back to you with a fix for the menu issue?

trey
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:10 pm
No trey, unfortunately not and the problem is still there albeit the site is now live at www.cornwalltherapysolutions.co.uk and the issue needs to be sorted. Either Gavick staff are waiting for my subscription to expire or they are waiting for an update to T3.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:24 pm
i put in a ticket a couple of hours ago and the tech got back to me and said he was fowarding to a developer... once i hear back from them i will touch base and let you know what they said...hopefully they will have a fix..if so will forward to you...

i also inquired about an issue with the t3 framework and site cache...i dont know if you've got this issue as well... site get's screwed up if the cache is really high...

trey

...i dont know if you're aware of this ; but, the megamenu is actually a joomla art product-- gavick borrowed with ja's permission to incorporate in their template/s... i only hope they can provide support, bug fix something to correct the error... i also posted on the joomla art forum in case...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:00 pm
Actually i thought the mega menu was part of T3. I do like Gavick but i think they are trying to do more then they are capable of and the templates are suffering for it. Let me know if you here any more on this issue. I think mobile versions on the whole are not great on GAvick templates.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:09 pm
i defintely think they tried to take on to much, casue they are having issue's giving an answer when it is asked... i was a member of joomla art for about 2.5yrs and the support was awesome and they had an answer for everything...

the problem i had with their templates were they were so robust..such resource and css hogs... and they really didn't get too creative with their theme's and all...

gavick looked like they were more cutting edge... they need to improve support though... it looks like they've only got a couple of people helping the community out and that's not enogh...

will let you know...

trey
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 am
Hi Trey,

By any chance, did you ever get an answer to your problem, because I got the same ==> on mobile devices

- if layout set to mobile : not working,
- if layout set to default,the (main) menu doesn't show correctly (all pulled out vertically).

For info, using sporter template joomla 1.7.1.

Thanks,
Chris
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 pm
I have a similar problem.

I had to set up Default option to all the layout options ( Facebook, Android, Android) because the original logo of my template Finance Business was never replaced with Facebook, Android, Android layout.

See the img in attached

Schermata 2011-10-27 a 17.55.54.png

I have also a problem with my current default layout otpion, my menu is dispalyed vertical and not horizontal.

See my website www.dentalireland.com

Someone with my same problem or maybe better with the solution?:)

Tommaso
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:23 am
Is there still no solution to this? My original post was over 2 months ago, i think that is plenty of time for a reply and solution.

Has the recent template update fixed this issue?
I dont really want to go through the motions of updating the template just to find the issue is still there.
Junior Boarder