Problem to get rid of "Ask about this product" form

Change your online store into modern look with myStore eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template - discussion forum.
GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 5:22 am
Hello everybody!
Though this question was asked about a zillion times before, the solution proposed somehow didn't help me much. I have Joomla 1.5.26 (last edition) and I'm running Virtuemart 1.1.5. I have a GavickPro MyStore template and I think it has it's own theme (styling... whatever it's called).
On a product's flypage I've got 2 tabs: "Details" and "Ask a question..." as usual. I want to remove the latter one. Now... I know about a way that was proposed which is to delete the content of shop.ask.tpl.php and commenting out $ask_seller in flypage.tpl.php
When I do that - absolutely nothing changes. I have a feeling that IN MY CASE it needs to be done differently.
To make things simple, I would provide a link to flypage on my live site (don't worry, it's not a working store YET). It's been translated into Russian, but the tab and the form are the same, basically.

http://magazin.kotkovski.com/home?page= ... gory_id=15
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 6:55 am
As this is VM specific question - it would be better to ask on their forum.

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 9:10 am
Well, IF it was a VM specific question, I wouldn't be asking it HERE, would I?
I found in Google like a dozen of VM "regular" WORKING solutions that somehow wouldn't work in my specific case of using Gavick's theme in VM. And a VM developer seems to agree with me here:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123943.0

Basically I need help to find what exactly in Gavick's theme should be deleted in order to get rid of that tab and form.
P.S. I did pay for your template and I could expect some help from you guys...
subscription "Joomla Life Time Membership" with order ID: 7NY26767YE4625239 on GavickPro ot 27/04/2013
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 10:40 am
Sadly, this template is no longer supported and I don't have access to it, so I can't help much.
I might ask our dev team to check out on this topic but they might answer exactly the same.

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 11:01 am
You might try using this code:
Code: Select all
#gk_product_tabs li:nth-child(2) {display: none;}

in templates/gk_mystore/css/override.css
This will hide the element from user (but it will be there in source code.

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 11:15 am
Thanks a LOT! It did work!
I guess we could close this topic.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 22, 2014 7:35 pm
I would strongly suggest going for Joomla 2.x family - mostly due to security reasons. 1.x family is quite old and not supported.