mystore quickstart upgrade to j2.5 / vm 2.0

Change your online store into modern look with myStore eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template - discussion forum.
GK User
Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:59 am
hi,

please check my website www.pcmart.com.sg

i have used quickstart mystore j1.5 and a lot of products are already uploaded and is a live website.

wish to upgrade mystore to j2.5 / vm 2.0

which file should i install from the below list, so as not to disturb any of the uploaded products, or the live site from the previous quickstart j1.5 installation

gk_mystore_quickstart_J!25.zip

gk_mystore_J!25.zip

any help file or step by step instructions to follow to upgrade to mystore quickstart j2.5

thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:26 am
There is no easy way to upgrade template from Joomla! 1.5 to Joomla! 2.5 because we use different frameworks to create this templates. Please use 'Search' option - you can find many topics, and the only solution is to install everything from beginning, then move data via mysql.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:31 am
bkrztuk wrote:There is no easy way to upgrade template from Joomla! 1.5 to Joomla! 2.5 because we use different frameworks to create this templates. Please use 'Search' option - you can find many topics, and the only solution is to install everything from beginning, then move data via mysql.

hi , please correct me if i am wrong.

mine is a live site www.pcmart.com.sg and using j1.5 quickstart installation of mystore template. if i need to upgrade my live site, can i download all the below files from the rest files package of j2.5 my store template and ftp over to overwrite.

will my existing products dissappear thro this method, thanks

Additional Information
For upgrade please overwrite following files :

- language file
- templateDetails.xml
- admin/script.js
- css/gk.stuff.css
- css/joomla.css
- css/k2.css
- css/layout.css
- css/style1.css
- css/style2.css
- css/style3.css
- css/template.css
- js/gk.script.js
- layouts/android.php
- layouts/blocks/footer.php
- layouts/blocks/head.php
- layouts/blocks/mobile/head.android.php
- layouts/blocks/mobile/head.handheld.php
- layouts/blocks/mobile/head.iphone.php
- layouts/blocks/social.php
- layouts/default.php
- layouts/handheld.php
- layouts/iphone.php
- lib/framework/gk.browser.php
- lib/gk.framework.php
- mod_gk_register module (available in rest_files package)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:51 pm
The templates for Joomla 1.5 and 1.7/2.5 are different products, you can't upgrade template you can only install version for Joomla 1.7/2.5 as a separate product, the 1.5 version will not work with newer Joomla version.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:54 am
hi, thanks a lot, just racking my brains how to get over this to avoid my sql import of vm products. would try something else, thanks
Expert Boarder