Facebook does not appear in the articles

Change your online store into modern look with myStore eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template - discussion forum.
GK User
Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:20 pm
Hey. Items not listed on the facebook button. If the button +1 google and twitter. In the configuration of the template is enabled, but still does not appear.

Moreover, facebook login button does nothing, does not allow login with facebook joomla.

Please help me?
Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:59 pm
Hi,

You might have not provided correct Facebook API key, can you please send me a PM with your backend access to take a look and check the issue for you?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:36 pm
I am having the same issue. I checked and there is nowhere that I have to set the facebook api for the like button. Can you please help?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:35 pm
Please provide access then I can check further!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:42 pm
I sent you PM. Thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:35 am
depika wrote:I sent you PM. Thanks

Sorry I checked my inbox but didn't see any message from you, can you please send it again?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:50 pm
Don Lee wrote:
depika wrote:I sent you PM. Thanks

Sorry I checked my inbox but didn't see any message from you, can you please send it again?

Thanks,

I guess the first time I didn't sent it correctly. Please check now.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 am
Any update?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:50 pm
I see the problem too and asked our developer about that and he told me that the key is hardcoded in file \templates\gk_mystore\html\com_k2\templates\default\item.php
Code: Select all
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=177111755694317&xfbml=1";

Try changing the appId value by yours to check if it works.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:22 pm
Can you please give me some instructions as to where I can get this key?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:16 pm
I followed the instructions but still nothing.....
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:33 am
Hi,

So can you please provide FTP access and your Facebook App ID via a new PM then I will try for you?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm
Hi,

There is an error with javascript in your site that I think it causes the issue of Facebook like button, I have checked for a while but couldn't find out where it is to fix, I have attached a screenshot here for you to see the issue then you may have some idea to fix it.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 pm
I have found why I was having the javascript error. Now I don't have the error but the facebook icon still doesn't load
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 am
Hi,

Are you using any other FB plugin? I checked source code and saw that there were 2 div tags with the same ID "fb-root" and that probably causes the issue, you can see it here as well http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ator%2F1.3

BTW, how did you fix the favascript error?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:02 pm
Thank you very much for everything.
The sh404SEF had a social plugin enabled this is why I had 2 divs "fb-root". I disabled the plugin and everything is ok now.

About the javascript error it was at the toolbar.php I wanted to add a cart link and a facebook link and I got a javascript error.

I just deleted the extra code I added for now. Can you please tell me how to add extra links at the toolbar.php and to look nice as the login , search link etc.

This is how I had it:
Code: Select all
<?php if( $this->countModules('search') ): ?>
         <a href="<?php echo $this->baseurl(); ?>index.php?option=com_search" id="btn_search"><span><?php echo JText::_('GK_SEARCH'); ?></span></a>

<div class="gk_search_hide">
            <div class="gk_search_popup-hide" id="popup_search">
               <jdoc:include type="modules" name="search" style="none" />
            </div>
         </div>
         <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(GK_REGISTER) : ?>
         <a href="<?php echo $this->baseurl(); ?>index.php?option=com_user&amp;view=register" id="btn_register"><span><?php echo JText::_('GK_REGISTER'); ?></span></a>
         <?php endif; ?>

<a href="<?php echo $this->baseurl(); ?>index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.cart" id="btn_login"><span>Your Cart</span></a>

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/durhamsbotanicals" target="_blank"><span>facebook</span></a>
            <a href="http://stores.ebay.com/Durham-Botanicals" id="btn_login" target="_blank"><span>ebay</span></a>
            <?php if( $this->countModules('cart') ): ?>

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="cart" style="none" />
         <?php endif; ?>

The javascript error is that the search field doesn't appear when I press the search button. Instead the search page loads.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:06 pm
Good to know that, but now if you add the code you will have two a tags with the same id "btn_login", that may be why the js error appears.
Platinum Boarder