Creating a Web Site with Multiple Languages problems

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 pm
Hello,
I have a web site which is already completed with content in French language. I work with the template corporate2_quickstart j2.5. I would like to add the English language to translate that content.
I followed these steps:
1. I downloaded and installed the French language.
2. I added it to the content.
3. In category manager I created two categories (French and English). I turned all my categories from “all” to French language and moved them in French category .also, I created translated categories from French to English and put them in English categories.
4. As far as articles are concerned, I changed the language from ”all” to French and I made the translation of those articles into English and I put each article to its category in English
5. I created the French main menu and English main menu.
6. There in modules manager, I created two modules French main menu and English main menu and I put the “main menu” into unpublished mode.
7. I duplicated the template for each language, the French and English.
8. I added the module language switcher.
9. And in the plug-in manager, I enabled language filter.
The major problem is that when I follow these steps in another template, it works properly. On the contrary, when I use these steps in template corporate 2, all the modules of the website disappeared. For example, before tracing these steps my website looked like this:(img1) and after becomes like (img2)
thank you.
regards,
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 am
Hi

I think You have made a separate menu for each lang, which means that module attachement has changed. You need to create modules for this new pages too. An easiest option will be to use a Falang component and translate content for one menu only (and use one template than).