Adding a menu

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:33 pm
Hi,
I am trying to add a second menu in the gkPageTop area, just besides the Tools and Login menu. I could do it, by using the user1 module. To do so, I have added few lines in the nav.php file. But, I need to see the sub level of each with a dropdown menu too. Is anyone has an idea to do so?
Thx for your help
mad
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 pm
My advise is to use default Joomla Menu module called 'Menu' in available module list. The module can display any levels you want to and also template have build in styling for this layout.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 pm
Thx for your advice. Actually, it's what I did.
First of all, I added a module "menu" named "secondmenu". Then, i would like to put it just besides the login and tools, on the right top.
To do so, I had to add some code in the nav.php file as is:
Code: Select all
<?php if( $this->modules('user1')) : ?>
<span id="gkUser1" class="clear clearfix">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="user1" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['user1']; ?>" />
</span>
<?php endif; ?> 

Once I did that, my wishes would be to have a dropdown menu. And it's at that point that I need advices.

Actually, the configuration of the template only foresees one main menu and the footer one (which is not dropdown either). How can I set up an other dropdown menu anywhere else?
Thx in advance.
mad
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:58 am
If you mean dropdown menu like in the top of the template (GK Menu) there could be only one in the template because of JS scripts etc. My advise is to look for some extension which provide this possibility - extensions.joomla.org, and check for this ones based on mootools scripts to avoid problems.
Platinum Boarder